Hey Buck -

I'm going to disagree heavily with the group here. For that kind of cash ($650 + cost of install) you would be waaaaayyyyyyy more happy by stacking the boat with more ballast. For less than the cost of the wake plate - you could build an internal ballast system with pumps AND sacks. If you put a 750 in the rear ski locker, 250-350 under the rear seat area, a 250-350 in the front ski locker and then an integrated bow sack with another 350+ you would be much happier with the wake. With our boats - the issue isn't so much the shape of the wake but it is the size of the wake. I know we've discussed this before but 2,000+ lbs in this hull is going to be WAY better than 1000 lbs and a wake plate. The wake plate shapes the wake. But it won't make it any/much bigger.

That's just my 2 cents. I think you'd be much happier with full, automated ballast and SLUMPING that thing than you would with a different shape to the wake. You can tune the shape of the wake with ballast front/back ratio and use some lead if you want to really fine tune it.