Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wake Plate...

Holy crap. Running 2200 lbs. in an Outback? I was nervous driving with 1400. Be careful!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Weight will definitely make the a more noticeable difference in wake when compared to a wakeplate. However I use my wakeplate constantly to adjust the boat's attitude. I get a better hole shot by keeping the plate down and the bow low. I can get the bow in the air when the water is rough. I can find the sweet spot when I'm planed out and flying across the lake. It's a great addition to the overall feel of the boat.

I've had both an outback and now a LSV. The wakeplate makes a much bigger difference on the v drives.
    2008 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Holy crap. Running 2200 lbs. in an Outback? I was nervous driving with 1400. Be careful!
    We only run the 800 on quiet nights when it's hardcore time.

W sacked out my bro's X-Star this weekend with 4k in ballast and 10 people in the boat. We like to slump our rigs
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Weight will definitely make the a more noticeable difference in wake when compared to a wakeplate. However I use my wakeplate constantly to adjust the boat's attitude. I get a better hole shot by keeping the plate down and the bow low. I can get the bow in the air when the water is rough. I can find the sweet spot when I'm planed out and flying across the lake. It's a great addition to the overall feel of the boat.
    Do you think you'd have the same results in a low slung, low freeboard, direct drive Mobius/Outback like the thread starter has? I have absolutely NO experience with wake plates on older "ski hull" direct drives - only on friends newer, deep hull'd v-drives.

Thoughts?

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck02LS View Post
    Jeffw - I’m looking forward to seeing some pictures of your setup and boat in action…!

Before you said you had an integrated bow sack…is this what you have in your boat?

http://www.activewake.com/fly-high-i...-sac-w711.html

Thanks
    There is a pic of an 01' Outback wake with 1500 lbs in it in this thread

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10662

My boat is an 02' Outback LS and has the same weight. My wake is a bit bigger than that. There were some hull changes that increased the size on our 02's and the LS model was designed as a crossover.

I wouldn't say my wake is "significantly" bigger than that - but it is definitely noticeably bigger than NSCU's is in this particular picture. It's hard to grasp wake sizes from pictures. Much easier in videos when you can see it in relation to rider size and how they get booted

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Do you think you'd have the same results in a low slung, low freeboard, direct drive Mobius/Outback like the thread starter has? I have absolutely NO experience with wake plates on older "ski hull" direct drives - only on friends newer, deep hull'd v-drives.

Thoughts?
    Good question... I'm not sure. I'd trust danimal's perspective above that it makes a bigger difference on the v-drives though.

We have the Mobius LS (which if anyone remembers is a direct drive version of the LSV) and the wakeplate makes a huge difference. But that being said even thought the boat is a DD it is a hull designed for wakeboarding so I couldn't say it would make as much difference on the Outback.
    However we could NOT ski down the slalom course without the wakeplate down so on our boat we call it the ski plate. When the plate is up we have a nice wake we can wakeboard or surf behind. And like someone else mentioned if the water is rough it is nice to put the bow up to cut through the waves.