Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the feedback. I once held a commercial drivers license and grew up in a trucking business family so am comfortable with getting around and backing in. Just haven't ever been around a RV when they are launching a boat. No one seemed to bring up any issues about traction or inability to get the trailer far enough in the water. Obviously would have to find decent ramps but it looks like it is doable. Thanks

Default Hitch on front

The main reason for the hitch on the front of the motor home is to keep the drive wheels dry so they don't spin when retrieving the boat. Friends of our tow there 24 foot tri-toon behind their class A motor home and have never had a problem .

The rear wheels will probably never touch the water. On my old motorhome I had to blow water out of the exhaust. I had some launches with gravel on them but the tires still didn't spin. Basically, it's a four wheel drive all situated in the back.

The trick is to come into the launch in a right turn loop until the RV and boat is just past the launch and then back up with the wheels in the same position (hard right) which will make the trailer pivot into view on the drivers side and then back down straightening the RV as you go until you get the ramp lines or markings in view and follow it down.

If you have problems launching or getting back out, there will always be some "help" around especially if they need the launch and the more women you have the more help you will get. I can't guarantee the quality of the help though.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I pull my boat down to Powell 2-3 times per year, put it in and it leave in a slip for the entire week. I have a 35 ft class A and it is a piece of cake to put in with it. I like leaving the boat in the slip all week because it is a pain in the arse to break up your camp every time you want to pull the boat out. With the camera and speaker, like lots of you already said, it's a piece of cake, especially if you have experience in the trucking industry. Buster Brown over here, how about you?
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433