ok here's the deal before my boat left the dealer who is about 5 hours away i had them add a second battery and perko switch cause i knew i'd be adding tower speakers sub and amp.

he must have things wired up completely wrong or else i don't understand the concept of this thing

it has bat 1 , bat 2, all , and off and lock

now the radio, horn, lights and everything work no matter what place i select on the perko switch. should everything be dead on off or am i wrong?
what i intended is have battery 1 be the main battery for starting and battery 2 be for the stereo when i'm anchored out relaxing so if i kill bat 2 i can switch it to 1 and i'll still be able to start it then when i'm running switch it to all and let it recharge both batteries then when i get home and am done for the day turn it to off so i know there is no drain on the either battery.

if i'm wrong in my thinking i apoligize but if i'm right can someone please tell me how to wire it up correctly so i don't kill both batteries and leave myself stranded someday.

also i've been reading post about the blue ray and pro mariner chargers...can i get any insight as to if should add this to my system and why.

sorry to sound like such an idiot but all this is kinda new to me.
thanks in advance