Thread: Prop change

Default Prop change

Took the new LSV out last weekend for the first day of riding after a couple of weeks of motor break in, and I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in the hole shot and pull of the boat. My last boat was an 05 XLV, with the 325 motor, that seemed to pull a little better, as I recall, with a stainless four blade prop. The new 2009 LSV came with a "wakeboard" prop, but I'm considering a prop change to get a better pull out of her. I'm not really interested in top speed but would like to be able to pull a skier at 36mph and would also like to take less than a couple of minutes to get on plane with a full ballast while pulling a wakeboarder.
    Anybody have any prop recommendations? I'm seeing a lot of conflicting info online about whether a three of four blade is better these days with better technology currently making three blades that are as good as a four.

B

I would say call OJ props and talk with them firsthand. They are experts at this and will know right away what you need.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Confirm which prop you currently have. It's stamped on the prop face. Wakeboard prop will be 14.25 X 14. Can't imagine anyone wanting more hole shot than that prop provides.

Look at the prop testing thread. A big event is coming up in a couple of weeks and there will be data and lots of opinions and perhaps even group buys. Stay tuned!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default prop size

What size prop do you have now? Im still confused as my ssv came with a 14 x 18 oj prop and I have not seen anyone else with this size prop. I need a better prop also. Just waiting on the testing to begin.

Default Ed

Thanks for doing the prop testing. It will be appreciated by all.