Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chpprpilot View Post
    Anybody else have this problem?
    I've got an 09 LSV and had her out boarding last weekend. Great to be back on the water! But I'm getting black footprints on the rear vinyl when people get back in the boat. Does anybody have a fix for this? I'm looking at the Seadek products but that's a pretty painful solution between the ordering, waiting, and reconditioning. I'm surprised that Moomba is using BLACK RUBBER in such an area.
    Any solutions out there?

B
    I also have an 09' LSV, but I have not had any issues with the black swim pad leaving black marks.

However, I still replaced it with a SeaDeck pad purely for comfort climbing in and out of the water.

Sled491 Guest

I was under the impression that the 09 and 10 boats with the new style pads weren't having this issue. We have an 07 and had the problem from day one. After the 1st season we ordered the Sea Deck pad, and I have to say it is the only way to go. As far a bling for your boat that is useful you just can't beat it. Not only can you go to a lighter color to keep it cool, it is just sooooo much more comfortable.

Default My experience

Mine was just disintegrating. I did not get the black foot prints. (03 outback).

I had a very hard time getting the old decking off. I tried goo gone and several other solvents. I think it was the turpentine that made the gel coat bubble finally but did not remove the adhesive. I finally took out the belt sander. This was a bad idea as I am now having the gel coat redone. $300 mistake.

I am looking to form a sea deck buy group to get the discount, Is anyone interested?

I wanted to start a new thread but I think the administrator disabled that function for me somehow.

Has anyone replaced the ballast pumps? I need to know where to get them and how to do it. HElp!

I must be one of the lucky ones. I have not had this problem on my 2006 and it still has the black rubber pad that came with it new. Maybe they switched to a different supplier of the rubber pad at some point.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I, like Cab, have not had any problem with the stock black rubber on my '07 LSV. I wash it often and use 303 protectant on it. Never an issue, although I do like the looks of the SeaDeck pad. Possible future upgrade...
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    Mine was just disintegrating. I did not get the black foot prints. (03 outback).

I had a very hard time getting the old decking off. I tried goo gone and several other solvents. I think it was the turpentine that made the gel coat bubble finally but did not remove the adhesive. I finally took out the belt sander. This was a bad idea as I am now having the gel coat redone. $300 mistake.

I am looking to form a sea deck buy group to get the discount, Is anyone interested?

I wanted to start a new thread but I think the administrator disabled that function for me somehow.

Has anyone replaced the ballast pumps? I need to know where to get them and how to do it. HElp!
    You shouldn't be having any issues starting a new thread, just make sure you're not in a thread when you start your new one. Check into Modifications and how to do it sections for help on your ballast pumps, plenty O experts to found willing to help.

Default For the Do-it-yourself Budget Minded

Go to Sears and pick up one of these weight/workout mats.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003a

Then go to Home Depot and pick up a can of 3M contact cement.

Carefully remove your old swim step pads, use them as a template for your new ones, cut them out and attach the new pads where the old ones were. Should run you around $30 - $40 dollars.

The material the Sears mat is made out of is a minicell foam product that is used by Gator Grip, Hydro-Turf and a number of other companies that sell very expensive swim platform and wave runner non-slip decking replacements.

Default We too had problems, until...

We had the same problem with our 06 LSV. The solution, we cover the deck. I bought a tarp from Home Depot that was brown on one side and silver on the other. We folded it in half (silver side out) so it was about a foot or so bigger than the deck. Whenever the boat is parked at home, we cover the deck and hook bungee cords to the eyelets on the tarp underneath the deck.

Since we started doing this (after the first summer), the black tracking problems have gone away.

I can only laugh when I read through these post as many of you on here told me that I was crazy to get the teak deck.

Hummmmmmm.........yep I poured a little teak oil over it this pastweek while cleaning the boat and it looks great!!!! yep that was a lot of maintenance!!!!

By the way it was a 250 dollar option and we get so many compliments!!!!

I've never had any noticeable problems with my 06' XLV...but still thinking about the seadek option...just looks like a great custom product.
    2006 Mobius XLV