Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Swim step footprints

Anybody else have this problem?
    I've got an 09 LSV and had her out boarding last weekend. Great to be back on the water! But I'm getting black footprints on the rear vinyl when people get back in the boat. Does anybody have a fix for this? I'm looking at the Seadek products but that's a pretty painful solution between the ordering, waiting, and reconditioning. I'm surprised that Moomba is using BLACK RUBBER in such an area.
    Any solutions out there?

B

not really a simple sollution.

But one member on here is testing the seadek pad out-boat sits in the florida sun yearround-it may become standard.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The local dealer here in Oregon says that in either 09 or 10 Skiers Choice starting putting a different type of padding down so that the black would not track in. Like I said I am not sure if the Supposedly started this in 09 or 10. But you are right the best looking, longest lasting fix is to get a new swim deck pad from sea deck. Thats the only fix I know of.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

I had the same problem with mine which I attribute the sun drying out the rubber. I simply lathered some protectant on the platform and never had problems with people tracking it on the vinyl again. Cheap and easy!

Seadeck pad is the only real fix. I was having the same issue. I scrubbed the stock pad to get all the crap off and tried to condition it with whatever I could find. I ended up soaking it with WD40 to keep the rubber from breaking down anymore. Next time I went out, I had oily black foot prints. I don't know that there is anything you can do. I've pretty much tried it all. I hated to drop the money to replace something that shouldn't need replacing, but I'm glad I did. The seadeck pad is much softer and more comfortable. The stock pad ripped open my knees several times. It was hard and felt like I was kneeling on dry rice. The seadeck is like having a nice pillow on the back, and it's not black so the surface isn't 200 degrees. For the record, this is on an 07 LSV. I had an 05 Outback before with no issues.

Default Same issues here...

This is my third Moomba. I've tried scrubbing the swim platform and soaking it in protectant but I just ended up with a slippery swim step that still tracked black footprints into the boat. I'm going to take a good look at the Seadek.
    I'm just a little disappointed that this problem hasn't been fixed. Moomba has made a lot of nice upgrades over the years from my first Outback LS. I would guess that a lighter color of rubber wouldn't cost that much more right out of the factory and produce a much better product.

B

This has been an issue for ALL boat manufacturers and the reason almost all have switched to something else, many now come oem with Seadek pads. Well worth the money spent, comfy and no black on the interior. I introduced them here and was the first to put one on. Going on my third season with it and it's holding up as new so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

i used the 303 protectant by the way.

simple green worked great for me but got tired of doing it so put on the sea dek pad. your won't find a person on here to bash it so far!

There was a thread on here that discussed the attempted fix, whether it was a different compound or a different manufacturer. The consensus was that it didn't work. Seadek is the way to go. One of the best upgrades you can do. Look for them to become the stock pad in the near future if the testing goes well. I should also mention that trax pad or gator grip is a decent lower cost solution.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!