Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

So far I've found the aluminum channel and the double sided tape. I couldn't fiind 3M but found some Scotch brand exterior mounting tape (double sided) which is rated industrial quality. Now all I have left to do is make a template and then buy the Lexan. Found a shop that sells 1/2" Lexan by the square foot and they'll cut to specification and sand the edges too.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Camp on pool 8 of Allegheny River (Adrian, PA)

Brian,
    Just reading an older post and wanted to comment on the windshield modification...my 2003 Outback has the same issue with the top windshield latch not even reaching the other frame rail to secure window shut. Thanks for the ideas...
    Mike
    2003 Outback
    Boat name = Lynn Syndrome
    Its a condition that runs in the family...Judy Lynn (mother-in-law) Heather Lynn (wife) & Megan Lynn (daughter)...no known cure...but the boat helps
    New boat for me on 10/9/10.

Here are my last two recent mods. I added the bimini late last season. I ordered a standard sized one and modified the framing to make it fit on my tower better. I also got some of the Taco stainless bimini quick connects and added to it. I did not use the rear straps and made those short support arms. This was a big pain in the butt, and now that I finally have all the tubes and fittings adjusted right, the bimini does not fit taught on the frame. I also have to disconnect one side from the tower to open and close it due to my tower speakers. It works pretty good and looks nice too. I can't believe I waited 5 years to get one of these. The other mod is that I swapped the old mirror for the CIPA extreme one. I had to buy an adapter from Monster Tower to mate the mirror to my mirror arm. I highly recommend this mirror to everyone. I can follow a rider alomst entirely back and forth behind the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One more photo
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have now seen the mother of all garages, and it is good.

Holy moly. I would never leave that place.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    I have now seen the mother of all garages, and it is good.

Holy moly. I would never leave that place.
    I was just thinking that too. I was looking more at the garage space then the boat LOL.

Nice upgrade and nice garage man
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

NCSU - I have the same exact same tower as you which I honestly don't care much for mine. Doesn't follow the lines of the boat very well but not sure it's worth the cost to upgrade/change.

I like the looks of your mirror setup. I currently have a windshield clamp mounted CIPA mirror style - haven't found an arm that will work for my tower as most of them put the mirror like right over the top of my head instead of right off the windshield frame out front a little. And it's the smaller 1-5/8" tubing for the clamp. Where did you get your arm - is that a Monster?

I also like the idea of having a bimini, but once again the tower design doesn't lend itself to an easy setup as you know. I would need one that goes over the top for headroom - I'm too tall to have one under the speakers. And I'd want it to be able to fold up snug when not in use. Maybe could have something custom made with a creative fab guy.

Definitely have the garage envy going!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Yep, that is the Monster Tower arm. I like it pretty well. It is nice having the quick disconnect, especially since I have to remove it to put the bimini up and down.

Thanks for the garage comments. Yea it is a really nice space. My brother and I share it. We have a lot of junk. He is big into hunting and fishing, and I am into watersports and working on cars, so it gets rather cluttered at times. The whole building is 42'x60' and a little more than half is the garage, the rest is a rec. room space with kitchen, bath, and pool table.

Pool table? It really is the ultimate man cave. Nice!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Joplin, Missouri / Shell Knob-Tablerock Lake

Default Windshield correction fix

Can you give anymore detail on how you fixed the windshield? How is/ are the piece(s) mounted to the original frame ( not talking about the tape), more the order / layers / and material, looks like you might have used a aluminum flat stock and an aluminum rectangle stock? Hard to tell from the pictures that I see but really looks good and sounds functional.
    Josh
    2013 Mojo
    1999 Outback "Sold"