Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I bought them at Lowes. They are for 1/2" thick material.

Thanks Brian. I see from the pictures that they have radiused (or is it bevelled?) corners on them. did they come that way or did you have to cut/grind them down? I am nervous about them being sharp and someone cutting themselves on them when the board is not in there.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

You did an awesome job on the mods!!

Yep, I was nervous about that too, so I ground them down. I used a 4.5" grinder for the bulk of it, and then cleaned it up with a hand file and a little sandpaper. You couldn't cut yourself on it if you tried now.

Thanks for letting me know. Will post pics once I get it done. We don't have Lowes up here in Canada so I'll have to find it somewhere else. Maybe Rona or Home Harware? West Marine?

2007 Outback V

You might can try any home improvement supply place. I think the aluminum channel is designed/marketed to be trim pieces around 1/2" plywood.

Thank you Sir!

2007 Outback V

I am planning on putting a wind dam on mine after I get her out of storage. I'll probably just use some 1/2" plexi glass cut to size from the hardware store. Tired of the GF and her friends complaining after the sun goes down about being cold and the wind coming through...

How did you mount the aluminum channel pieces on there? Did you screw them in or use like a double sided tape? Not sure if you posted that and I missed it...

I have the same problem with my windshield too, but I don't think it is quite as bad as yours. I can still secure the window with the turn latches, but the top one barely locks onto the frame. Bottom one is still perfect.
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

I used the 3M exterior grade double sided foam tape to attach mine. I have plan to rework the bow area of the boat, so I didn't want to drill a bunch of hole that would show later. It also makes the install cleaner and easier. They use similar stuff to hold parts on cars, so I'm sure it will hold up well.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    I used the 3M exterior grade double sided foam tape to attach mine. I have plan to rework the bow area of the boat, so I didn't want to drill a bunch of hole that would show later. It also makes the install cleaner and easier. They use similar stuff to hold parts on cars, so I'm sure it will hold up well.
    Thanks for the response. I'm sure the local auto parts store should carry the 3M tape. I wasn't planning on using any screws either as I don't want a bunch of holes showing...
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL