Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Okay, so I installed the heater core today and wired it to a spare dash switch after all. I am using my old Gravity I ballast three position switch as I am not using it anymore. I ordered a faceplate for it so that it will read "Heater" on the switch, then "High" in the up position and "Low" in the down position. There are two indicator lights - one for High, and one for Low. Anyway, it's working fine except that when I flip the switch to High or to Low, both indicator lights come on.

So does anyone know what I need to do to fix this so that only the correct indicator light comes on, not both?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al,

I am working on the same upgrade, where did you get the new faceplate for the switch? That is something that would really complete the installation.
    08 LSV, FAE, GIII upgraded to Johnson Reservable pumps, Evolution Cover, Flow.

Quote Originally Posted by MI-LSV View Post
    Al,

I am working on the same upgrade, where did you get the new faceplate for the switch? That is something that would really complete the installation.
    From the dealer, it's $5. He had to order it so I don't have it yet.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Okay, so I installed the heater core today and wired it to a spare dash switch after all. I am using my old Gravity I ballast three position switch as I am not using it anymore. I ordered a faceplate for it so that it will read "Heater" on the switch, then "High" in the up position and "Low" in the down position. There are two indicator lights - one for High, and one for Low. Anyway, it's working fine except that when I flip the switch to High or to Low, both indicator lights come on.

So does anyone know what I need to do to fix this so that only the correct indicator light comes on, not both?

Thanks,

Al
    Got a call from my dealer today. He says the switch is faulty, that the wires for the lights are probably touching inside the switch. Says, I have it wired correctly, so mystery solved.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al,
    I emailed you my response. I'll have to re-check if my switch might be faulty also.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Default Figured out the Heater Switch.

After laying under the dash for about 30 minutes with a multi-meter, I have the solution to the switch.

Here is how you wire up the switch so only 1 indicator light at a time comes on.

You need to provide a seperate power and then use the terminals on the right side, looking at if from the floor on the backside.

08 LSV, FAE, GIII upgraded to Johnson Reservable pumps, Evolution Cover, Flow.

Thanks MI-LSV for figuring this out! I am going to give it a try tomorrow.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

That did the trick! I am a complete idiot when it comes to electrical stuff so thx again for figuring this out and sharing it with us. The cumulative knowledge of the folks on this forum never cease to amaze me!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks, now I'll try that also!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.