Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    OH and when I asked them about a Emergency Plan for our company they said with the ethanol there now if she goes there is no need for a plan! Great!!!
    Well atleast you now know. Just think of all your coworkers that will run when you know that will be a waste of energy and you can just sit back and enjoy the show. Knowlage is power.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Ethanol absorbs moisture, burns hotter, and produces less energy than gasoline. Not attractive qualities, especially for marine engines. Many people use it without issue, though it has caused plenty of problems as well.
    We have no choice here, so I can say that I run it 100% of the time. I do use an ensyme additive that is supposed to counter the effects of the ethanol.

To stay true to the thread I run 89 about 99% of the time. My boat runs almost every day though from may until october so my gas is always fresh. I never fill to the top except for the first time I put it in the water and I think that is key.

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Well atleast you now know. Just think of all your coworkers that will run when you know that will be a waste of energy and you can just sit back and enjoy the show. Knowlage is power.
    Jester,
    Thanks! That is a good positive way to look at it!

PS I am in a good mood today as I was able to visit the Ducati Dealer and sit on my future bike! Now who is going to speak to my wife about how safe street bikes are?

Sled491 Guest

Z your on your own there

Well if I get the Ducati I will put 93 octane in it as it is like 11.5 to 1 compression.
    You know the wife is doing the same thing she did with the Moomba. Refusing to go see the Ducatis. And the Moomba is to blame because as sure as I got her to the show she was telling me what options to order and to hurry up and get the order in.
    Now, she sees a pretty RED Ducati and I know it is over, she might even want her own! Wouldn't she look good on a little red 696 Monster!? Again it would get 93 octane too! We went to see the USS Alabama and then to Mobile Museum of Art. I would have to say the Ducati could have sat in that art museum and fit right in. Man those Italians!!!!

Sled491 Guest

I'm just betting she is more worried about the tickets than the other people.

Either airplane fuel or nitromethane

▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓
    ▒▓░░░░▓░░░░▓
    ▓░░░░░░▓░▓░▓
    ▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓
    ▓░░▓░░░▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓░░░░▓▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓
    ▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

zegm, which duc you looking at?

took me a year of convincing to get 2 wheels. started on a 150cc scooter. 4 years and 3 "real" bikes later, Im on an '08zx6 and LOVE it.. my roommate has a honda cbr1000 repsol. I'm dying to swap him for a stint, but don't think it'll happen..

perhaps a trip up to the dragon once you get one?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    she might even want her own!
    Don't be suprised! I rode for 25 years without her showing much interest, in fact i had three bikes when we got married. She grew up with bikes, heck i even rode with her brother in high school! Then suddenly she starts seeing other women riding their own and suddenly says "I want my own Harley!" Whoa! But being independent as she is I knew it was futile so i sent her to the motorcycle safety course and she graduated second in class and the only woman. Bought her a used Sportster and it wasn't long before she wanted a Lowrider, GEEZ! She rode five years and one day said "I'm done". She'd had her fun and that was that.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

Funny women are like that. My wife does the same thing