Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yes exactly what you need to do. That way it puts the amp into a 2 ohm load on the cabins. Thats the way the factory sent my boat out, all 6 speakers on the 4 channel amp.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'm sure that's how mine is too, but I think he has a wire missing in the diagram.

Mike, did your head unit have only 2 preamp outs? I'm wondering where to start to add a sub when I have nowhere to start. (I guess I start with a head unit!)
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yes Kane mine had 2 sets of pre outs. 1 pair was built into the back and the second pair was on a wire comming out the back. If your deck only has 1 set it can be ran with a Y connector. I would just upgrade the deck though.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Do you know the model # offhand of your deck? Mine is the KDC- MP2035. (When I just looked it up I see the pic of the back of the unit that shows a second set of preamp outputs on a wire. So I guess I can figure out how to split and add a sub.) Still, I think it's time to throw this deck in the Mustang (which has no ipod input now) and put a new one in the LSV.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

same deck as that was in mine Kane. id highly recomend you get a new deck with 3 sets of pre outs as you sound like your leaning towards a 3 amp system.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Do you know the model # offhand of your deck? Mine is the KDC- MP2035. (When I just looked it up I see the pic of the back of the unit that shows a second set of preamp outputs on a wire. So I guess I can figure out how to split and add a sub.) Still, I think it's time to throw this deck in the Mustang (which has no ipod input now) and put a new one in the LSV.
    Or you can add this equalizer for $59.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...on+EQS746.html

It will take your single set of preouts and split it into three. It will also give you independent sub volume control. Several members run this EQ. But the "purest" way to go would be a new head unit with 3 sets of 4V preouts.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I actually dug a little deeper today and all six of my speakers are connected to the amp. What could be the issue causing the clipping sound. Maybe need to upgrade the speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I actually dug a little deeper today and all six of my speakers are connected to the amp. What could be the issue causing the clipping sound. Maybe need to upgrade the speakers?
    I can tell you if your boat has the stock Kenwood speakers in it, they are crap. You can get much better speakers for a reasonable price and not break the bank. Polk Audio db651s come to mind.

What you need to do though is like Brian said.......You need to determine what your objective is with your boat soundsystem. Do you want to go super-loud with a high-end system, or do you just want something that does pretty well. Both options are honestly good options, but I hate to see you buy stuff that ultimately you will trade-out later on.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

I have the the kicker speakers that came stock in 08. I though I was gonna add the pair off 770's and be done with the stereo but as most of you know this stuff is addicting. Now i want a sub, i want to upgrade the interior speakers, and possibly another set of tower speakers. I got it bad. Hopefully I can exercise some self control.

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I Hopefully I can exercise some self control.
    Good luck! Let me know how that works out for you

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet