Hybrid View

Default Two of my speakers crackle at high volume.

The front two(bow) kicker speakers on my 08 lsv start to crackle if i turn the radio up pretty loud. The back four speakers dont crackle at all just the front two. Am i just turning it up too loud or could there be something wrong with those two speakers.

You need to see if they are connected to the Deck or the amp. If they are connected ot the amp most likly they are going bad.

My first thought is they are connected to the deck and the deck is distorting and sending them a nasty signal and your hearing it. < Clipping >

The reason you wouldnt hear it threw the amp on the back speaker is the amp wont see the distortion as soon since they are recieving there signal threw the RCAs and deck can be turned up louder before the distortion is that bad.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'll have too look at the boat tomorrow to know for sure. I think you're right about the bow speakers coming from the head unit because the amp for the cabin speakers is a four channel.

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I'll have too look at the boat tomorrow to know for sure. I think you're right about the bow speakers coming from the head unit because the amp for the cabin speakers is a four channel.
    Just because you have a four channel amp doesn't mean you only have four speakers on it.

i checked it out today and the rear four speakers are connected to the amp and the front two bow speakers were hooked up to the head unit.

Sounds like it's time to find another amp.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!