Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vandy or 02outback, did you smooth down the fiberglass in the hull where you expoxied the transducer? Instructions say to sand smooth, but not sure if that's necessary.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I did by hand with sand paper, not as smooth as their picture shows. The first time I epoxied it down, I put down the epoxy, then stuck the puck into it like they show, I didn't get any readings. I took it back out and just put the epoxy around the puck, with the puck face directly against the fiberglass, that worked great, but now has let loose. I need to do it again. Good luck!

I now have the Norcross D10D installed and transducer wire run and sounder mounted in the dash all hooked up. My next step is to epoxy the puck somewhere in the bilge area. Any suggestions on where I should epoxy the puck on an 08 Outback (DD)?

You need it to be a turbulent free area and flat. I don't know DD very well so rather not recommend a spot. I will say generally near your paddle wheel is a good location as the paddle wheel is in a turbulent free area as well.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Tape it down

I had read somewhere of one person duck taping down the puck in a few areas as they went for a "test " ride to see if it would work..then once they where consistant with readings they then opoxyed into place...Good luck...

I called the manufacture and they suggested I put the transducer in the water first to get a read out of the depth, then ad a small amount of water to the bilge area (real small amount) and set it down. I did that and found a place next to the speedometer paddle wheel. I taped it in place and drove all over the lake. Worked great at all speeds, turns etc.... The manufacture recommends Devcon 2 ton epoxy which I picked up at ace hardware and will epoxy it in tomorrow.

Alright I am finally finished. I used the Devcon 2 ton epoxy. I lightly sanded by hand using a 40 grit sandpaper. I mixed the epoxy in place and placed it both the bilge area and the transducer and set it in place. The epoxy was a lot runnier than I had expected. I am used to epoxies being thick, but I guess this being slow cure was not. I gave it a couple twists and let it sit overnight. Feels snug and took it out the lake today and it was awesome! Very glad I did and it was a snap.