Default Amp Ohm's and Speakers?

I plan on getting a new mono amp that is one ohm stable. At 1st I plan on getting a single 12" 4 ohm DVC and running it parallel to make it a 2 ohm load. Later on I plan to add an additional 12" 4 ohm DVC and run it in parallel to make it a 2 ohm load. I will then take both subs and run them parallel together to create a 1 ohm load for the amp. The question I have is if the amp is rated for 1,000 watts rms at 1 ohm will both subs receive a 1,000 watts each or will they split the 1,000 watts?

They will each get 500 watts.

Just currious. Why run 2 subs? You could just get a single 1000 watt Dual 2 ohm sub and run it down to 1 ohm, like an L7 for instance.
    Last edited by byronkoz; 04-09-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    06 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by byronkoz View Post
    They will each get 500 watts.

Just currious. Why run 2 subs? You could just get a single 1000 watt Dual 2 ohm sub and run it down to 1 ohm, like an L7 for instance.
    My plan was to pickup one 1000 watt sub now and have the option to add another one later if the amp would push 1000 watts to each. That's why I was thinking of getting 4 ohm dvc subs. But since they will split the power I will prob go with a 2 ohm dvc

I think your second option for 1 2ohm DVC is the best route. This way it gets the full1K and your not suffering from sub suffocation. Most people running 2 subs are dealing with making sure they can breath the sub. One thing not mentioned here to often is the other reason so many people put the subs under the helm is there is less chance to suffocate the sub for air.

As we all know subs move air. Thats how they make sound. If you install a sub in the cubby you run a high chance of suffocation and then the sub wont perform.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]