Hybrid View

Default I got a few projects done this weekend...

We took the boat out for the first time on Thursday and Friday after its winter hibernation. It was absolutely filthy, and I've got a small backlog of projects that I wanted to get done, so since the boat is now sitting in my driveway I figured I might as well take advantage of the beautiful weather knock some things off the list.

First up; I installed stainless thru-hull fittings for the bilge, and ballast vent and drain;
    Before:

These are the fittings I used:

After:

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Next up I decided to spend a few hours on my back and get the bottom cleaned up;

For the last 2 years I've just tucked the iPod on top of the battery tiedown. This becomes a PITA if I decide to use my iPhone, because then I just have the wire laying about. At one point I lost the cooler drain-plug, so I picked a few extras up at Lowes, and one of those ended up working perfectly for this project. Basically I just poped a 1-1/2" hole through the glovebox with a forester bit, and then drilled a 1/8" hole in the center of the plug, and used a hand saw to cut slot for the iPod cord to run through. Tada!

And a quick snap of the whole 'rig' haha:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ian ashton; 04-04-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    2013 Outback V

Looks good. Now take a Magic Eraser and clean the black spots out of the glove box.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That's actually just gunk from the rubber that I hadn't wiped up yet. I want to get some gator grip or Seadek or something to line the base.
    2013 Outback V

That's a great idea. My wife lines our kitchen cabinets with this rubbery liner stuff that comes in sheets (rolls actually). I should put some of that in the bottom of the glove box. I can't stand the keys and stuff rattling.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Good job on the thru hulls. I used a piece of left over gator grip in my glove box, works and looks great.
    06 Outback V