Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has anyone done a remote mount oil filter?

I saw this is now standard on Nautiques, and given the amount we use out boat I think it would be a great investment, making the oil changes way easier.

Just looking for reccomendations on a quality kit to do this...
    2013 Outback V

its standard on the V-drives, should be very easy to retrofit, if theres room under the doghouse
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I have one on my 99 outback. There is plenty of room for it. I just dont know what filter goes on it so I can change the oil. I looked and it had a Wix #33225 fuel water filter on it. I cant find out what filter that is in a oil filter.

Any ideas?

I'd be interested to get the skinny on it too. Anything to make life easier in the long run Let us know what you find Ian and post pics if you decide on this mod!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Indmar has a remote oil friler kit that is pretty nice. The filter head and adapter that attaches where the current oil filter is are all made of aluminum billett. The part number is S495145. It uses the same size oil filter that is currently on the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I saw this is now standard on Nautiques, and given the amount we use out boat I think it would be a great investment, making the oil changes way easier.

Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Indmar has a remote oil filter kit that is pretty nice. The filter head and adapter that attaches where the current oil filter is are all made of aluminum billett. The part number is S495145. It uses the same size oil filter that is currently on the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post

Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

This would make my life much easier, and we spoke about this in the past. So now here comes the 3 W's. Where do we get it? Where does it mount (because that was the problem before)? and What does it cost?

Thanks Larry for posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    This would make my life much easier, and we spoke about this in the past. So now here comes the 3 W's. Where do we get it? Where does it mount (because that was the problem before)? and What does it cost?

Thanks Larry for posting this!
    just got done devouring a Honey Baked Ham and trying to fight off a food coma, so looked a few up.

for $159
    http://www.michiganmotorz.com/remote-filter-p-297.html

for $260
    http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1083

Wow that is expensive. I am going to ask my Small Block Chevy guys what a kit like this cost in the "Motor Head Magazines". I might could swing that cost if the lines were braided Stainless Steel but I am not going to pay that much for a couple of simple machined aluminum plates, 2 cheap hoses and the assorted fittings.

You can buy the adapters from Summit Racing or Jegs. You want the adapters with the side in and out ports and they are a little higher than the top and bottom ports. Only difference is the side ports will take up less room with the hoses. And you can have the hoses made to length at any hose and belt shop. You would have about 60.00 to 100.00 in the setup.

You could run the top and bottom ports with a 90* fitting on the ends (unless you have the room for the 2 hose to make 2 big loops) but buy the time you buy the fittings you could have bought the side port adapters.