Default fresh water coolin kit install

I installed today a fresh water cooling kit for my 2008 LSV. But now the cooling water comes out off the drive shaft at the bottom of the boat. I installed it withe the Installation Instruction, bute there wehere no information about the drive shaft cooling. the two exhaust manifolds are connectet at the bottom end and between there is a tee fetting which cools the drive shaft. Do i have to close this connection? But where to plug the drive shaft cooling?

has anyone installed it?

1: connected to drive shaft and the other mainfold
    2: to heat exchanger
    3: engine
    4: water pump

thanks a lot!

holger
    Attached Images Attached Images

You need to get a barbed fitting to replace the drain plug on the transmission cooler. Indmar has a special orficed fitting designed just for that purpose. Your dealer should be able to order one for you. I can get you the part number on Monday if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by faecjer View Post
    I installed today a fresh water cooling kit for my 2008 LSV. But now the cooling water comes out off the drive shaft at the bottom of the boat. I installed it withe the Installation Instruction, bute there wehere no information about the drive shaft cooling. the two exhaust manifolds are connectet at the bottom end and between there is a tee fetting which cools the drive shaft. Do i have to close this connection? But where to plug the drive shaft cooling?

has anyone installed it?

1: connected to drive shaft and the other mainfold
    2: to heat exchanger
    3: engine
    4: water pump

thanks a lot!

holger
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Nut, glad to see you back on here. It's been a little while and your expertise has been missed. Hope you find a little time for us regularly.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

thank you larry for the information. but do i have to remove the hose witch connects the two manifolds and close the holes in the manifolds? (Nr.1 on my pic) or only remove the connection to the shaft? and then onnect the shaft with the barbed fitting in the transmission cooler?

You can leave the hose that connects the two manifolds and just cap off the fitting that goes to the dripless packing. Then run the hose that comes from the dripless packing to the fitting on the trans cooler. We use that special fitting to make sure we don't rob too much water from the engine as that water conmes frim the inlet side of the system and not from the outlet side like the hose between the manifolds.

Quote Originally Posted by faecjer View Post
    thank you larry for the information. but do i have to remove the hose witch connects the two manifolds and close the holes in the manifolds? (Nr.1 on my pic) or only remove the connection to the shaft? and then onnect the shaft with the barbed fitting in the transmission cooler?
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

The fitting with the .010 orifice in it is P/N S601040. Your dealer should be able to order one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Engine Nut View Post
    You can leave the hose that connects the two manifolds and just cap off the fitting that goes to the dripless packing. Then run the hose that comes from the dripless packing to the fitting on the trans cooler. We use that special fitting to make sure we don't rob too much water from the engine as that water conmes frim the inlet side of the system and not from the outlet side like the hose between the manifolds.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Hello Larry,

thanks a lot for the help. there still was a fitting in the hose. (there was a brass complelemt in the hose where the fitting was in) i screwed them out and screwed the fitting directly in the trans cooler.

tomorrow i will do a test run.

Thank you very much Larry

Greetings from Germany

and sorry for my bad english

Holger

Default fresh water kit

Hi I am new and think a fresh water kit sounds like a good idea? what type do you have and is the install hard?
    I have a general knowledge of tools. I take my time.
    does anyone have any ideas is it worth it?