Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Anyone ever have trouble with getting no flow out of the oil pan drain hose. Tried to use it yesterday, but no luck. Ended up going back to home depot to buy a drill pump that didn't work. I'm going back to the hand pump style extractors, i know they work.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

The flow is VERY slow, even at normal operating temp. I just pump it out thru the drain hose and save the valuable 3-4 hrs. for something else!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

I have my 20 hr service coming up in another week or two. I think I may just open the drain to see what I get and use the extractor pump from the top at the same time.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

So are you guys sticking the oil drain down through the hole where the plug is and dumping your oil into a bucket or oil container?

I'm going to tackle it one night this week.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

I used to do that on the O/B, but I've heard it won't reach on the LSV. Haven't checked that out yet.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I used to do that on the O/B, but I've heard it won't reach on the LSV. Haven't checked that out yet.
    what do you do then (assuming you're using the quick drain and not an extractor)
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Default I used an Extractor

I tried to take the oil drain hose out the hull plug in the back and it won't quite reach. You may be able to hook another hose to it and do it that way but I was worried I wouldn't get it all out and/or make a mess.

I bought a Motive oil extractor/pump from Summit Racing (they have a warehouse here in town so I could just pick it up )

Anyway, I pumped it up to 17 inches of vacuum, shoved it down the oil drain hose, with the extractor in the engine compatement to keep the lift as low as possible and left it for an hour. I went back and it was down to 10 inches. I pumped it back up to 17. I checked it 10 minutes later and it was done.

This was cold oil so if you do it after it has ran, it will go much faster. The biggest advantage to this is no mess and I don't have to hold the trigger on that darn drill pump for 15 minutes (or clamp and watch it).

I will never stick it down the dipstick tube again......did it once and the plastic tube got hung up on the end of the dipstick tube, plus it doesn't get to the lowest part of the pan.......had to remove dipstick tube to get the plastic extractor tube out &%*@#$&%$#@* then $#&^&$%$^&*%& ^&%% $## @$()(&&^^^^&%^%%$#%$. It runs slower than molasses in january out of the quick drain, get an extractor, only way to go........then you can do tranny and vdrive. it will pay for itself first oil change you do

Be careful kane, I told the guy i sold my outback to about this and he called me 4 weeks later saying I know you told me so ,but!
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

So, just connect my extractor to the drain line? Sounds easy enough.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    So, just connect my extractor to the drain line? Sounds easy enough.
    Y, I just stuck my extractor tubing down the oil drain hose, would not use the dip stick tube for the very reasons docdrs mentioned.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold