Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Impeller

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    verry sorry, got confused - the o-ring was for my ballast impellers.

my engine impeller came with a gasket
    Ok..good....i just put mine last night....didnt want to take back apart to check....
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

OK, this whole o-ring thing has me worried??? My new impeller came with a gasket and o-ring. Picked it up from the dealer, did I get the right one? If so, what to do with the o-ring? I have taken on the task yet, so I may figure it out while installing the new one, but why did mine come with an o-ring and others did not?

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    OK, this whole o-ring thing has me worried??? My new impeller came with a gasket and o-ring. Picked it up from the dealer, did I get the right one? If so, what to do with the o-ring? I have taken on the task yet, so I may figure it out while installing the new one, but why did mine come with an o-ring and others did not?
    If there is a groove in the housing that the o-ring fits into, then you would use the o-ring. If there is no groove, then you would use the gasket.

Also, when you pull off the cover, check if it has a gasket or an o-ring. That will tell you what you need to use.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

How often should we be switching these impellers out? I have an 08 and I have never switched it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtmathew15 View Post
    How often should we be switching these impellers out? I have an 08 and I have never switched it out.
    Pls check your owner's manual but I believe it says to change it every 2 years. It also says to take it out on the odd years, coat it with Vaseline, and store it in a ziploc (airtight) bag. That's where mine is right now.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default Impeller blades

When and if you replace the impeller and it has blades missing, be sure to check the inlet for the inline filter (back r/side of block, black salami looking filter) for the broken blades. Have a friend with a Supra who spent the whole year chasing cooling problems only to find out that all the broken impeller blades were clogging the intake. He took out a whole fistfull of blades, not one problem afterward. Probably a good idea anyway I found grass and a piece of bottle cap that busted off 2 of mine.

anyone have the part # for the 07 outback v impeller

johnson 812b
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I took mine out for the Winter. Should be getting the boat out of storage the first week of May. I replaced my impeller 2 years ago and it still looks brand new. When I go to put it back in I'm going to flip it around and put it in the opposite way it came out. This way it will wear the rubber "fins" back the other way. I don't think this should hurt anything because it doesn't matter what way you install it... (On a direct drive. Not sure about V drive.) I will keep an eye on the temp gauge once I do this and see if it has any effect, but I doubt it should.
    Last edited by AaronWhitt82; 04-23-2010 at 03:52 PM.
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL