Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stereo??

thanks guys ill keep you all posted on the mods and get some pics up...
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V
    Upgrades SO FAR more to come for the summer!!!!
    new decals, tinted winshield, new trailer tires.....

outbackv,

If I'm reading you correctly, you're not quite ready to approach the tower speakers yet. I consider the tower to be an independent zone that does not require that you coordinate that with the in-boat system for now.

At this stage, rather than replacing what you already have, make your investment in supplementing what you have. This way you'll see the most significant improvement for your expenditure.

Once you limit the bandwidth of your existing coaxials and existing amplifier, by running them highpass, you'll get greater and cleaner output. Even if you're not into alot of exaggerated bass, adding a subwoofer will deliver another two octaves of music that presently are either totally missing or lacking. This will add bass extension, warmth, balance and a sense of more volume overall.

To find this balance, you won't need a giant subwoofer... You just need the right sub to fit your particular boat. Start by determining whether you have a floor hump or flat sole under the driver's helm console. Once you investigate this, an easy upgrade will fall into place. Let us know.

David

defin thanks alot i think sub is first step tower speakers by mid summer just got to
    -B-reak
    -O-ut
    -A-nother
    -T-housand
    one step at a time lol
    im gonna check out some set ups this week but it will defin be placed/mounted infront of the drivers seat under the drivers helm
    thanks again ill keep you posted
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V

I totally agree with the statement instead of changing out what is good equipment I would add additional equipment to enhance what you already have. As you need or WANT more sound up grade and replace then. I am working on a MAJOR over haul on my XLV. I am changing out the head unit with remotes adding a 3rd amp to power a 12" KICKER sub and making sure I purchase enough power to grow the system in the future if I want. I am adding 4 more speakers in the main cabinet to improve sound. I have also added tower speakers for when we are surfing and having fun at the sandbar.
    Dustin Kennedy
    2009 Moomba XLV GG

And you are right.

The project I am doing cost over $4k

So you are correct BREAK OUT THE CASH!!!
    Dustin Kennedy
    2009 Moomba XLV GG

lol ya i think its a pretty good little saying.......good luck on your upgrades bud
    ~Prove it~
    2008 Moomba Outback V