Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by c.rix View Post
    hehehehehe my wine o girlfriend put a cork in it and no more back flowing
    I like her already. I told you that you are always welcome around here-- that includes her. BTW, doesn't sound like you're getting rid of the boat now?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I like her already. I told you that you are always welcome around here-- that includes her. BTW, doesn't sound like you're getting rid of the boat now?
    nope she said she doesnt want it to go and Is gonna help with the costs this year
    she loves it and started to cry when we were gonna meet up with a potential buyer so now were keeping it for at least another year !!!
    2007 Outback V

Glad to hear it. Hope the buddies pitch in and do their share too.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear it. Hope the buddies pitch in and do their share too.
    They haven't been the best in the past but thats gonna change gas isnt free, but them staying home doing nothing is. They're gonna have to make that decision on what they're gonna do pay or stay
    2007 Outback V

They haven't been the best in the past but thats gonna change gas isnt free, but them staying home doing nothing is. They're gonna have to make that decision on what they're gonna do pay or stay
    I had to crack down on that last summer, I had a couple of guys who would show up, drink my beer, ride my boards, and leave with not a thank you but a "call us next time you go out". I give people three chances, after that I just don't invite them again.

Funny thing is one of the guys lives 1/2 mile from the ramp I use, and he sees us go by his house with the boat all the time LOL. If the next time I go by he's sitting on the curb with a gas can and a case of Tecate I'll pick him up, but he's not getting another invite.

Been there before. Our friends are about half and half, a few grew up on the water with me, so they get it.

I tell people two things, depending on who. My two lines are:

"My boat runs on gas, not on Thanks" or "Gas, grass, or ass. I'm married and don't smoke so that leaves you one choice"

80% of the time, it works everytime.

How about-- "Sounds great-- meet me at the gas station and you can help me gas up and stuff."
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

How about-- "Sounds great-- meet me at the gas station and you can help me gas up and stuff."
    Haha I have actually considered picking them up, and THEN going to gas the boat, and just get out and stand there staring at the gas pump until someone says something.

I'll never forget the day my brother jumped out and beat me to the pump and swiped his card.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    Haha I have actually considered picking them up, and THEN going to gas the boat, and just get out and stand there staring at the gas pump until someone says something.
    haha I think I'm stealing that idea thats funny

I do have one buddy that is good at paying up, but I think he uses more than anyone he likes to surf for days
    2007 Outback V