Default Effects of using the wrong propeller size?

So, i'm looking around for a spare propeller for my Mobius V 2000.

There seem to be different sizes recommended by different manufacturers/stockists.

I cannot remember (as my boat is currently in storage) exactly what size my prop is.
    I think it might be 14" across. (probably the factory fitted one)

I know its LH, Keyed, and 1 1/8" bore, 4 blade.

So, the question is....if i put a different size of prop....say a 13 x 16 on my boat.....what effect will it have on my travel?

I understand it will make me either slower, more acceleration, or higher reving, etc....
    Will it cause damage?

If i put a 13 x 14 on, or even a 14 x 20.......will it get me through the week, whilst my original is being repaired?

Any suggestions/ideas or even experience would go a long way to stop my worrying.
    Dave Longbotham
    Minsterworth Waterski Club
    River Severn
    England
    U.K.
    Mobius V 2000
    [email protected]

www.youtube.com/user/Wolfstone1000

The only real worry, other than performance, is having a prop with too little pitch such that the engine can over-rev. Ideally the prop will allow the engine to turn up to maximum RPM without over-revving. In other words, anything close to the original will work, but if you go with a lower pitched propeller that usually means it needs to have a larger diameter to stay in the same RPM range. With a larger diameter you have to watch clearance issues -- you don't want it striking your trailer if you use one.

You can send an e-mail to our friends at OJ or Acme and ask for recommendations based on your specifc boat and your typical uses. They will be most helpful.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!