Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Moomba...?

Default WTB: Moomba...?

Hello,
    I am a Mastercraft owner who is looking to upgrade from my 1990 Tri-Star. After trying to be brand loyal I can not seem to justify the $$$. After some research is seems like a Moomba is what I want.
    So my question is which Moomba do I want?

I have a family that loves being on the water from my 8yr old who slalom skis and wake boards to me who does the same to my dad who loves to ride his air chair.
    We think Mooma makes the right boat for us but what one do we want? We vary in range from beginner to expert slalom skiers or beginner to Intermediate (and hoping to get better) wake boarders. Our primary activity in general is wake boarding. Although we may wake surf a bit, and of course will ski this year.

What is the perfect boat for us? We are in the 30k price range, and we want a tower and prefer GPS perfect Pass (can potentially add this later)

Keep in mind we spend 14-20 hours every weekend on the water..

Do you have such a boat for sale?

Pics would be great!

Thank You in advance.

Uhhhh, zegm?? Somebody's here looking for you!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

There have been some great 2008 LSVs around 30k in the classifieds and on onlyinboards in the past couple of weeks. I'd start there. Good luck with the search!

If you want new, then you should look at the Outback. It is much larger than your TriStar and is a focused slalom boat. I have one and with a little ballast and the wake plate, you can get a decent wake for boarding and entry surfing.

The LS is a direct drive boat that is a foot longer. It is more of a crossover type boat.

Since you still have skiing listed at "expert level", those are the 2 boats to focus on. Also, moving from a 19' boat, make sure that storage is not an issue with length of boat. For the LS or any V-drive boat, you will be looking at used to get into your price range.

My previous 2 boats were MC, the Moomba is a great boat for the money.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Thanks all for the feedback, just to give more information I am not replacing the tristar...It is going to be kept around (at the family cabin) so this will be in addition to. Our main focus for the new boat will be to focus on wake boarding and air chairing THEN slalom skiing.

So while I want a crossover I am looking more towards a wake board style boat (the tristar is excellent for skiing) but I would like it if some basic skiing could be done especially for my son.
    It sounds like a wakeplate on a lsv or xlv would do the trick.

Also do you think I should wait until late summer to find a better deal, I am looking more to get the most bang for my buck so I will wait if its going to make a big difference.

either would be fine. Check Craiglist in the Rust belt states ,CA, FL, AZ, NV( no offense) these were obviously hit the hardest and may get the best bang for your buck. Not sure where you are located, thats why i smattered the US map
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thank you, I saw there is a 2008 LSV and a 2007 XLV for sale on these forums in my price range (almost) Are those a good deal? What would be considered a great deal for boats such as these? Sorry I do not know this market at all.

Thanks again in advance!

This seems like a good buy for basically a brand new boat, it is just broken in.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10288

Whats is the difference between LSV and XLV?

Usually several thousand dollars and a couple feet of garage space.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!