Default Questions regarding Stock Kicker Setup

Guys,

I have a 2008 Outback that came with the stereo from the factory. I believe it is a 4 channel kicker amp, 6 kicker speakers, and a kenwood head unit.

I'm trying to figure out how these are setup from the factory. It seems my two bow speakers are louder than my other 4 cabin speakers. Are all 6 speakers wired through the amp or are two of them direct to the head unit? Why can't I fade out my front speakers? Also, I can only fade my speakers one way and there is no way for me to fade out the front speakers.

Thanks guys.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Not sure how the factory wires those? But if that amp is 2 ohm stable and im pretty sure it is. You could wire all 4 of your rear speakers off the rear 2 channels at 2 ohms and the front 2 off the front channels then you'll have front and rear fade. Just one way you could do it.
    06 Outback V

phospher,

While anything is possible, here is what factory normally does:

One RCA preout to the 4-channel amplifier.
    Two channels driving just the bow speakers.
    Two channels driving the four cockpit speakers in parallel.

The Kicker amplifier has independent front and rear gain controls so this is how you will balance the output between the bow and cockpit... At the amplifier.

You can run a second RCA cable and reconfigure the amplifier inputs so that your control is derived from the fader, however, I would reserve this function for controlling a subsequent subwoofer or tower speaker zones if either of these or both are in your future plans.

David
    Earmark Marine

Phospher-

David is correct. His recommendations about using the fader for control of tower or sub is spot-on too.

If you decide you really want to add a set of RCA's so you can fade back and forth between the bowrider area and the cockpit, you will want to go to your 4-channel amp and find the FADER button. It is currently in an OUT position, and you will want to push it IN.

Let us know-

Phil
    Kicker

Thanks for the advice guys. Sounds like I should adjust at the amp and I will look into that and report back with any questions/issues.

Thanks!
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier