Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sumo sacks in 2010 LSV

Has anyone swapped out the stock locker bags for the 800lb Sumo sacks? I have these already that we used in our old boat. They are 24x24x50, whereas the Fly Highs are 20x20x50. Don't mind getting the Fly Highs if I need to, but it all adds up quickly! I think these will fit, but since they have the "waterbed" type fittings, how much modification will it require? My gut tells me to spend the $$ and go with the Fly High Pro X so it's a 5 minute swap, but wanted to get input from the experts.

The sumo sacks will fit but be nice and tight. You'll need to spend a few bucks to get the fittings to hook up, but it's doable. The Fly High sacs are definitely better though - better material and better fittings.

there is a fly high 24x24x50 jumbo sac, i just got one
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Just saw those. So at 1100lbs each, that's over 2k in the back. What do you do for the front? I doubt the 400 in the locker is enough to even it out. What is the largest sack that fits in the ski locker?

do you have the play pen or walk thru
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Walk through - 2010 LSV.

Probably could use 200-300lbs of Pop bags plus a ballast sac(s) under the bow seats

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Probably could use 200-300lbs of Pop bags plus a ballast sac(s) under the bow seats
    You do that and i have one thing to say, be very carefull! The LSV sits a lower in the nose than the XLV and with a bow sac and extra weight of pop bags if a large roller set catches you unaware your taking serious water over the bow. I know. it's happened to me twice and both times i had a couple of inches of water across the entire floor! At least with a bag only up front you can empty out when not needed.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    You do that and i have one thing to say, be very carefull! The LSV sits a lower in the nose than the XLV and with a bow sac and extra weight of pop bags if a large roller set catches you unaware your taking serious water over the bow. I know. it's happened to me twice and both times i had a couple of inches of water across the entire floor! At least with a bag only up front you can empty out when not needed.
    I ordered 485lbs of steel shot in Pop bags. No way I intend to use it all in the bow but just all over the boat as needed. I haven't taken more than 6 in the boat and don't see more than 8 so I'd like the have the weight easier to move than ballast sacs for fine tuning. Plus the Pop bags are much smaller. I hear you on taking rollers over the bow when ballast down.

A 60% / 40% split is a good rule of thumb for weighting the LSV. So if you wanted to fill your sumo sacks all the way you'd need about 1000 lbs up front which would be 600 lbs in addition to the ski locker ballast. Your boat would be slammed! With 1100s in the back you'd be up to the rubrail before you got enough weight up front. If you run over capacity consistantly make sure you've got the right prop.