Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default fat boy slalom ???

So I want to buy a new slalom ski I havent skiied in a while but want to get back into it

Iam a agressive skier or was before I kinda quit

I am looking to buy a new ski but figured I would ask some questions here first

1. I am 6'3 ~ 245 lbs should I be looking at big shaped skis or skip them
    2. If I get a shaped ski am I going to be happy after the summer I dont want to be able to out do my ski
    3. I kinda looked at a big daddy connely but it says for speeds around 28mph can you go faster with it? The only time I skied this last summer I still crank 34-35 mph

4. double boot Ive never skied double boot because i never had a boat with enough power so we dragged behind the lund for hundrends of feet till you got going fast enough... how hard is it gonna be to learn to get up 2 booted

Im open to any brand and what you guys think would work well for me. I looked at connely skis cause thats what I grew up riding, It was something like a mike hazelwood pro model glass or something like??? All I remember is it was super agressive ski that never went straight EVER I kinda like that

Thanks guys
    2007 Outback V

Sounds like you need something like this one:

http://www.waterskis.com/HO-Triumph-...i_Closeout.htm

I think my brother has the Magnum which is just about the same ski. You can get them for big guys and they will perform a little bit too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have the synchro 69", works well for bigger weights. i was 225 last summer, get ups easy and cuts on a dime . this is a blank but you could get bindings at barts or overtons, etc.

http://www.h2oproshop.com/obrien-syn...lalom-ski.html
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Smile

Yes the skis above are definetely the better way to go with many others that will suit your needs. If you go the FATBOY route ,yes it will pop you up but you will be outskiing it or trying to overcome it very quickly. I tryed one years ago just to try one and it was very obvious ,although you can ski much slower. If you are looking to step back or if you never skied hard this may be the way to go but from your comments ,one of the slightly shaped skis is probably the better way. I was away for awhile and started back with a Triumph,which i still love but soon enough wanted more so now i ski a Monza which is very fast etc. Check out a couple sites and do your homework as there are lots of GOOD skis out there.

Thanks guys I like both choices

Kane-I live about 20 minutes from midwest mastercraft I honestly forgot about they're selection Im gonna go check it out tomorrow morning

jm- Thank for posting up that ski Im gonna go check out MWM tomorrow but may end up ordering that ski since it like 50% OFF

Mikey- Ive been learning about some of the newer skis And like you say the big shaped skis dont seem to be my style

How about double boots are you guys running them and how much harder is it gonna be for me to get up
    Last edited by c.rix; 03-29-2010 at 09:41 PM.
    2007 Outback V

I have a couple of skis in the boat that may interest you.

1. The Connelly Pilot- yes, it is a "fat boy" or "I don't know anything about slalom skiing" ski. It has been great for the "husky" people that come out and want to slalom. It is a shaped ski and will cut very nicely. It is designed for skiing at 26-28 mph. I have skied on it and it is very easy to ski on. You can cut hard, probably harder than me as I weigh 160. I took it to 34 mph at 15' off and that was a mistake. The ski is not designed for that.

2. My wife skis on a Connelly FX (not F1X). It is a shaped ski with a wide front and tail. It is pretty easy to get up on and skis nicely. The shaped ski will help you "fall into" turns and it skis great from 26 up to 34 mph.

I personally prefer HO skis and I ski a Nitro and Monza. I bought the FX thinking I would like it, but I did not. My wife loves it. I bought a Connelly Concept and a F1 and hated both. I do have Connelly "Hinge Tech" bindings and LOVE them. I got them in HO plates and they are the best bindings I have ever had. Easy to get into and out of and give great support.

Being a "super aggressive" skier means different things to different people. Perhaps you can demo a few skis, many shops will let you demo and apply your rental charge toward the purchase of your ski. Good luck, we always need more slalom skiers on the lake.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Hey Kaneboats check this out what you think?

http://www.boardco.com/shopexd.asp?id=16996

I would get the 71 of course

Maxpower - I was thinking about the f1x but I agree I think that I will buy the hinge tech bindings my buddy has them for wakeboarding and theyre great

Super agressive to me is tuck in your arm or its gonna get ripped off there was a day where I could rip 7 years ago hahah but im stuck on the old technology
    Last edited by c.rix; 03-29-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    2007 Outback V

You find something at that price you can't go wrong. You can always get your money back out of it on ebay. Still, try to demo a few. It's the best route if available. I have two bad knees and was never very good anyway so I shouldn't be giving advice. But, my brother is way better than I am and about 20 lbs. heavier-- closer to 240-- and he has the Triumph or Magnum 71 and loves it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

If the triumh is with bindings, thats a steal. I bought the synchro with the targa bindings 2008 and the RTP , i did add the rear binding to the arsenal but have not skiied on it with the double boot. Last June had a baby and the water was choppy most weekends so we did alot of boarding and surfing, not much skiing. I hope to ski more this summer. plus i hope to be down to 195 by memorial day which with help the "out of shape pulls"

http://www.waterskiworld.com/water_s...rga/targa.html
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    If the triumh is with bindings, thats a steal. I bought the synchro with the targa bindings 2008 and the RTP , i did add the rear binding to the arsenal but have not skiied on it with the double boot. Last June had a baby and the water was choppy most weekends so we did alot of boarding and surfing, not much skiing. I hope to ski more this summer. plus i hope to be down to 195 by memorial day which with help the "out of shape pulls"

http://www.waterskiworld.com/water_s...rga/targa.html
    It says its just the blank but its still seems like a decent deal considering the 09 triumph is 279-299 most places

I want the hinge tech connelly bindings anyway I love how easy they are to install my foot
    2007 Outback V