Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ballast Question.. yes, another

I was wondering if this would be possible. I would like to have a dedicated pump per bag in my system. I see alot of people adding the Tsunami 1200's with vented loops. Could I add 3 1" scuppers, 3 Tsunami 1200's and still use my 1" Irritroll 700's instead of the vented loops? Or would it be a faster system to go with 3 3/4" scuppers, 3 Rule 2000 pumps and the 3 1" Irritroll 700's?
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

the rule pumps will faster, but for the price-get the tsunami's. go with the 1" thruhull, not scuppers, since you allready have the valves just use those.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

So you are saying I can use the tsunami 1200's with the 1" Irritroll 700's? Also if I have the Irritroll valve to stop the water flow why not go with the 1" scuppers over the 1" through hulls?
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

dont see any reason why you cant use the valves with pumps-just wire them together so when the pump turns on the valve opens. Reason for thru hulls instead of scuppers-with the scuppers you also have to drill 4 smaller holes into the bottom, and if the valve idea doest work and you have to use the vented loops -the vented loops and scuppers dont work together.

if you go with the 1200 tsunamis make sure to get 2 hose adapters per pump as the thread size is not compatible with dang near anything.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 03-29-2010 at 03:37 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Technically I don't think they are called scuppers, but that's a different discussion. The scoop strainers like the stock one require 4 screws and lock you into either using valves or modifying the strainer itself. Using mushroom thru hulls is a cleaner install with fewer holes, more flexibility for future needs, and less under hull turbulence that can interfere with speed/depth sensors.

It's all personal preference on vented loops or sprinkler valves or check valves. I went with check valves on the rear bags and vented loops for the front.

Well if I go with 3 3/4" "scuppers" with 3 brass shut off valves, no straine/filter, 3 rule 2000's, 3 irritroll 700's. obviously this is 1 scupper, 1 pump and 1 valve per bag. Then basically all I am doing is eliminating the single intake and the manifold and just dedicating 1 intake, 1 pump and 1 valve per bag. Since the irritrolls are the straight thruogh design and not the up and over like the stock valve then the system should be pretty fast right. I also think that since I would be going with the rule 2000's wouldn't I need to keep the scoop style scuppers for the intake? I think that moombadaze did a 750 bag with just the rule 2000 in like just under 5 min. I don't think that the irrotrolls would slow any flow down since they are straight through flow. So since I have 2 250's and a 600 the whole system with dedicated pumps and intakes should take less then 5 min to fill. Correct???
    Last edited by stretch55; 03-29-2010 at 05:00 PM.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Those valves aren't a full-flow design. They are less restrictive than others, but still restrictive. They also take up space and are another point of failure. Once you go to dedicated pumps I'm not sure why you wouldn't just throw a check valve or vented loop on there and be done. Simple and efficient.

IDK, I don't understand how the vented loop thing works. I mean it might make sense to do 3 tsunami 1200's with 3 vented loops. All I know is my fill time for 2 250lb rear bags and 1 600lb front bag is about 16 min and 20 sec. I waould like to get that down to 4-6 min. So if I go with a flat style 1" thruhull into a tsunami 1200 and then into a vented loop I won't have any problems at all with taking on any kind of water? Also if I went this route I think that I would upgrade all the intake lines from 3/4" to 1". Maybe I should just get in touch with wakemakers especially since they are local and see what they think. I have a feelin that they are going to try and steer me away from the 1200's and go with the 800's. But don't know til I talk to them.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

I hear you... I was in the same spot not long ago. Jason at Wakemakers was very helpful and had tons of great advice. They won't talk you out of the 1200s but will be clear that they require some additional work and 1" fill lines to be most effective. The 800s are simpler to connect and use stock fill lines but not quite as fast as the 1200s. Lots of people using vented loops without issues so no concerns there.

Obviously there are tons of options and it will come down to making the right decision for you based on cost, performance, reliability, etc. Be sure you're thinking about future upgrades too so you're not doing this twice. Do you want larger or more ballast bags eventually?

Yes I will. Thats part of the reason for the upgraded ballast. Like I said I have 1100 lbs now and it takes just over 16min. So if I go up to 1700 or 2300 25-35 min. So if I can get a system that will fill what I have in 5 min or less noe then when I upgrade bags it would still fill in 10 or 15 min.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD