Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deflame?

heat gun carefully cause they get really hot dont want your flames starting on fire

then some goo gone or something to tackle the left over glue
    2007 Outback V

Thanks y'all. I'll post a deflamed pic after I'm done, probably tackle it this weekend. I may lose like 50hp after I shave them, not quite sure yet.

Yup, lose the flames and you'll defintely drop around 50 HP. Say goodbye to tatooed women too. Sorry!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Lose those flames, the boat looks great from behind, but it really is flaming from the front.......i think it has to do with the baby blue because usually i like the flames. jmo and not worth much
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Lose the flames unless it can go 100 mph. Flames and Flying Tiger wraps have a special place on things and the Moomba ain't it. My 2 pesos.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I'll admit the flames suck but nothing compares to suck better than the new Mastercraft wraps. "Clubbas" have something new to roll up to da club in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcoutsfly View Post
    I'm not looking for the right or wrong answers. Just looking for opinions, that's all. I'm on the fence so a little weight on the yes or no side will be the final factor of my decision.

My vote is DEFLAME!!!!!
    2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Lose those flames, the boat looks great from behind, but it really is flaming from the front.......i think it has to do with the baby blue because usually i like the flames. jmo and not worth much
    Don't they always look good from behind when they're nekked

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I recently removed all the stickers on the boat and Heat Gun is the way to go. I tried to use a smaller gun more like a hair dryer and it took me about 2 hours to get the Mobius off one side. I grabed a 1500 degree heat gun and it took like 30 minutes for the other side.

Tips

Heat a section up, hold the gun about 10inches away, you should be able to put your hand between the gun and the stickers with out burning yourself. You need to heat the stickers but Dont make them hot.

The stickers have a very specific temp they like to peel to. To hot they tear instantly, to cool and they are hard to peel and leave lots of glue behind.

I heated a 1 foot section up, then heated the edge quite a bit, this allows you to roll your finger over it and get it started. Then you can grab it and gently pull it off, you can feel when the sticker cools to much because it gets hard to pull. Re-heat the section but be carefull to not heat the peeled section because it will shrink and instaly tear.

You will get it pretty fast.

Best thing to remove glue.

I tried goo gone, removed glue but then you have to clean that residue off as well, then rewax it all.

Used Gasoline, same problem as above.

I found Rubbing Compound works the best actualy. Very mild type same as you would use to polish scratches out of Gel Coat. I applied that and the glue came right off, this also allowed me to polish the area to make sure no fading in the white section. Then i apply the wax and its all done.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

if you check out one of the sellers on ebay they might either have a Moomba logo available, or be willing to cut you one the size that you want. Most guys will cut the decal out of a "chrome" colored vinyl.