Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iphone question

Quote Originally Posted by guinsha54 View Post
    I hear ya Razz, even with a good case the iphone is still fragile compared to the ipod. Only problem is I broke my ipod by dropping it and now that I’ve got the iphone didn’t want to spend the cash for another ipod when the phone can do it all.

What case did you have on your iphone that broke? Just curious because I’ve slammed mine “not thrown just fell pretty hard” a few times and I guess been lucky that it’s still fine.
    The case didn't break it was just shock that killed the iphone. The case was the iskin Revo (old style) that really protected the phone, so well in fact it made it a biatch to use the phone.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I really wish itunes was easier to use. had a ipod a couple of years ago and never could get music into the ipod. finally gave up and bought a regular mp3 that uses drag/drop and it's a snap to use.
    sandm, itunes is drag and drop also. The trick is knowing how to do it as they don't explain squat very well! Highlight all the songs you want to add to your ipod/iphone in your library then drag them onto the device itself, not the music folder. Sounds screwy huh? Don't ask me why it works that way.
    2007 Mobius LSV

You talk of 256k for thrw iphone for songs, do ipods have the 256k built in or do you have to change a setting somewhere. my ipod sounds fine but if i could make it better i will.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

It's not a setting but the music itself Brian is referring to. Example you can take a song from a CD and create a compressed audio MP3 file in 128/192/256 kbit/s or kilobits per second. The larger the bit rate the larger the file is as compared to the original CD format. The file size has no bearing on what it will play on as long as the device has an mpeg decoder built in which all Apple devices do.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Smile

Drag and drop or get your teenage kids to help . Thats what i do.I tune is very confusing and mine still won't accept some music i aquired over time from other places ,which pisses me off. I might have to ask my computerhack friend to help me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    youdaman - what deck / adaptor combo. Typically I'd say yes, it should charge but the devil is in the details.

another thing to think about is your music on the ipod;iphone. you want to take a look and make sure its not highly compressed. You'll want the 256K media so your system has some decent dynamic range. Trust me on this one.

Cheers

-Brian
    Exile Audio
    Razz, i thought so, but then i saw Brians comment about the iphone and wondered.?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

First off, I love my iPhone...lol. I used my iPhone on the lake last weekend, no issues, and it was super choppy. Granted I'll probably use my iPod or USB device most of the time on the boat so I can take phone calls. Only time will tell if it'll with-stand lake abuse. I never forget my iPhone so it's nice to have all my music on two or three devices.

You'll have to check the tech specs of the radio head unit you are purchasing to see if it'll charge your iPhone otherwise, this little adapter from Schosche (URL below) will allow newer iPhones or iPods to charge on any car radio. I think Best Buy sells these two. I was needed for the Alpine head unit I purchased.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...iPhone+3G.html
    Last edited by ausbill32; 03-30-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    2007 Moomba LSV

JMV - to clarify, I'm saying that the media that you download should be of the highest possible bit rate. so many times I hear a system that just sounds plain bad! and the guys look at me and say, "well, what do you think..."

It's really not a function of gear so much as it is the media. making sure your packing high bit rate materials in your pod, thumbdrive, iphone whatever.... will rreally make a huge sound difference.

Man its like a free sound quality upgrade without buying any gear!

hehe

hope that makes sense.

Brian