Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any i deas for mounting. i have an additional amp a kicker 450.2 its about 9.5 x 16.5 x 2.5
    The jl in there is big as well 9.5 x17.75x2.5 I would like to install it horizontal as well to get to the control better, on the end caps

batteries are pushed up toward the bow seats, i may have to reconfigure.
    I was thinking of putting the kicker on abs blocks under the spotter seat if i cant fit it in the hole properly. is that a no no.?

we still want storage there as well
    any thoughts

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Any i deas for mounting. i have an additional amp a kicker 450.2 its about 9.5 x 16.5 x 2.5
    The jl in there is big as well 9.5 x17.75x2.5 I would like to install it horizontal as well to get to the control better, on the end caps

batteries are pushed up toward the bow seats, i may have to reconfigure.
    I was thinking of putting the kicker on abs blocks under the spotter seat if i cant fit it in the hole properly. is that a no no.?

we still want storage there as well
    any thoughts

I would say no-no! Seriously you don't want it anywhere where there's even the slightest chance of getting wet, and under the spotters seat there's definately that chance. Let's see a pic of what you got to start with.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Do you also have a board that is infront of the battery's that blocks off under the bow seat? I had to remove that to get the battery's far enougth forward. I have also seen people that have put the battery's under the bow seats. I do not know if i like that idea since If you drop the nose you can get a lot of water in the bow really quick.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Jester, the 07 did not have the board, I was thinking that board is wher i would want to install each of these horizaontally. but i know i can't fit in there.

Razz, these are my starting pics( minus the battery in the center, it now up further) i can get a pic of the other amp but i am not sure where to mount , maybe the inside wall toward the walk way?

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Jester, the 07 did not have the board, I was thinking that board is wher i would want to install each of these horizaontally. but i know i can't fit in there.

Razz, these are my starting pics( minus the battery in the center, it now up further) i can get a pic of the other amp but i am not sure where to mount , maybe the inside wall toward the walk way?
    The inside wall works perfect as long as you have room there for it. One of my original amps was there as well. Unfortunately the monster Kickers won't fit there with the other electronics but if the 450.2 will it's perfect without a whole lot of hassle involved. Otherwise i'd say along the hull on a custom board whether it be in front of or behind the hull support, or even both. Or one behind the bow seat back and one on the walkway wall.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razz, thanks that a good idea, have to move batteries problem is , i can only get in the hole to my waist and manueverability is tough. The glove box makes it really tight. so i guess to install everthing on a board first and then mount the board.
    Sorry Jesse this the only pic i remember of soemone in the "hole" The only this you would see with me is my Fat Arse anyone who can do this you have a free invite to NY and a ride behind a OBV
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmvotto; 04-02-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: suck at typing

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

That is the reason I installed everything on the board first. Only problem i see with it right now is if I have to replace an amp i have to pull all the amps out.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill