Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley618 View Post
    Anything shipped UPS automatically has $100.00 of insurance on it. Good luck collecting though.
    It's not UPS - it's USPS. Collecting? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Dude! So sorry this happened. I've actually had very good luck with USPS in the past, but wow. It was bubble wrapped 8 different ways... not even sure what they could have possibly done to break the mirror. Doesn't matter - I'll make it right with you. I didn't get the optional insurance because it was automatically covered up to $100. Let's start with attempting a claim and go from there. Again, very sorry this happened.
    Dan - don't be sorry. You didn't do it. It's those bastards at USPS that can't seem to get anything right.. How do you suppose we start a claim? Go to their website and get started? Did you happen to keep the receipt for the shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Man sorry about the mirror, I might have an extra but really I love the granite counter tops!!!
    Haha. Hit me up if you have an extra - I'd rather buy that off you than spend our time trying to get obamamail to cover their error.

@ counter tops

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I can't complain about FedEx or UPS (although it seems you can't ship a ski anymore for less than $70). But the USPS needs to be put out of its misery. With e-mail it's really obsolete and should be wiped. If a gov't operation with all it's advantages can't compete with private business, it's time to scrap it.
    Couldn't agree more
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Jeff, I'll send you a PM and we'll get this resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Jeff, I'll send you a PM and we'll get this resolved.

Replied. Let's see what we can come up with! I've got no faith in USPS helping out..

zegm - get back to me when you get a chance. Or anyone with a mirror that will fit on that arm, shoot me a PM or something.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Hey, Jeff - You need a mirror. I have an extra. It's the original that came with my Outback. I'll post a pic later today or tomorrow. Take a look to make sure it fits your configuration. If it does, it's yours. No charge. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Hey, Jeff - You need a mirror. I have an extra. It's the original that came with my Outback. I'll post a pic later today or tomorrow. Take a look to make sure it fits your configuration. If it does, it's yours. No charge. - Deerfield
    You're the man Deer... I won't accept the "no charge" policy - but shoot a pic over and we'll work something out!

Thanks

Moomba Forum > *

I was going to ask if anyone had an extra mirror gathering dust but then decided to stay out of it and just hoped someone would step up. Deerfield, that was a great thing to do. May it come back to you tenfold! Your mother, wherever she is, should be very proud.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

You guys are GREAT! Like to see members stepping up! I'd send you one if I had an extra

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Jeff - Mirror measures 13.5 x 6.5 inches. It includes a bracket that clamps to the windshield frame. Through good fortune I ended up with this mirror as a result of a warranty claim on a bracket that broke at the end of summer 2008. Instead of just a replacement arm, Roswell sent me the whole shootin' match including another mirror. So, if this will work for your application, send me a PM with your address, and you'll have it next week. My gift. Please. I'll insure and pack it good. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I'll take a look into this tonight Deer and let you know. On first glance it appears the mounting set up is different - but I was so upset at USPS that I didn't investigate much...

Regardless of whether it works or not - this is such an awesome thing to do.. I'll report back and if it works - I won't give you my address until you give me your paypal beer fund.

Thanks Deer and ALL of my Moomba family. Even during something crappy like this - you stay positive.

The mounting is different with the mirror from deerfield to attach to the arm. You would need a adapter which can be got from Monster Towers http://shop.monstertower.com/p-38-ci...r-adaptor.aspx to attach to the arm.
    Last edited by mcdye; 04-07-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold