Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sounds all too familiar, Ed. On the plus side after installing my own irrigation system this ballast stuff has been a walk in the park!

Dan,

Can you come to NY an install your valves.

Joe
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Skidim is for sure the best pricing I've seen. Their shipping seemed to take a while, but, being in Eastern Washington, not like I'll be riding this month! I thought their prices were a bit high for the hose barbs, so I didn't order those. I'm sure the Depot or Lowes or ACE or anywhere would have them, and hopefully a bit cheaper.

I've noticed that they also have a great price on an aftermarket shower too. I think there's been posts on here before about installing the shower, and I'm kicking that idea around. But, it looks like the kit comes with everything necessary, and it's by far the cheapest I've seen so far. Definately keep them in mind for your boating needs!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

OK so i just found a great find. The raw water strainers that Skidim sells for $49.95 are made by Sherwood and are nylon (plastic) tops with a clear removable bowl with a 20 mesh 316 stainless screen. In searching around i found out that Mcmaster-Carr sells the Hypro T-line strainers for $28.50 in the 1 1/4" inlet/outlet size. Same thing (size, mesh, material) but over $20 cheaper! Turns out these strainers are used in everything from boats to Ag equipment which is what Hypro makes. I will be ordering one of these! Shown are the Hypro (left) and Sherwood (right) for comparison, both are built identical to include buna-N (nitrile) seals.

Here's a link to Hypro's Catalog - scroll down to nylon line strainers on page 15
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Razzman; 03-25-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Oh crap! 20 bucks! That's a solid case of beer!! Nice find Razz. There's a reason why Master is in the name!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Dan,

Can you come to NY an install your valves.

Joe
    Ha! That would be some roadtrip!

Razz, nice find! I wonder what other marine parts could be had from that same source...

Razz........Nice find!
    Are you replacing your existing or why are you buying one? It's a good deal but wondering if a person should swap them out every now and then? Or at least buy the rubber o-ring and replace? Thoughts?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

No i don't have one so i'm adding it in. Our lakes are deep and clean and i'm never near shore but it doesn't hurt for that price to add it in.

Brain i noticed a lot of pieces that could be used in a ballast install on Hypro's web catalog.

Viking the orings are nitrile and don't deterioate like butyl rubber so they should be good for along time. Never hurts to have a spare i guess though.
    2007 Mobius LSV

So here's something i totally missed last night, it looks like Sherwoods strainer is made by Hypro! Check the pick and you'll see Hypro's name right on the blasted label!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

So i ordered one of these up on Saturday along with two barbed fittings from McMaster-Carr for $31.26 plus shipping. I'll post pics of the install when i get around to doing it.
    2007 Mobius LSV