Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie question

Default Newbie question

Greetings everybody, we just bought our 04 Mooba Mobius last year around september and didn't have to much time to start wakeboarding. Looking for a board for my son. He just turned ten and ways about 85 pounds. was looking at some of the jr. boards but have a problem. The dam kid wears a men's 91/2 shoe so the jr. bindings won't fit him. If somebody could point me in the right direction as far as size of board goes I would really appreciate it. Wakeboarding is new to me as I grew up around jet boats and skiing. Thanks in advance

I would get a 121. It is good for weight from 85lbs to 105lbs. 105lbs being the max recomended. But if you get him a 121 then maybe he could get more then one season out of it. Depending on how fast he grows LOL!!! I would say that your probably goning to have to buy seperate bindings for his giant feet though! I don't think you'll find a 121 board binding combo with a mens 9-10 binding size.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

I would honestly be looking to get him Open binding as they will cover several size ranges and allow you to get more then 1 season on them. Also you should by a board slightly bigger then he needs. A bigger board will only effect him if hes doing tricks.

It will be a little sluggish in the water but as he grows over the next 2 seasons he will grow into the board. If money isn't an option then get him the 121 and hope he doesn't outgrow it in a year.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

OK, well maybe a 128. That will do up to about 130lbs...
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Default Thanks

Thanks for the replies that gives me an idea of where to start.

i would say a minimum size of 124 but they will only come with jr bindings that wont fit him. even if he could squeeze in, his toes will probably hang over the edge. so i guess look for at least a 128, with boots that will fit.

Most decent shops will sell you a board and bindings separately. They all use standard mounts so you'll have no prob making the boots that fit him fit the board.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TahitiVC View Post
    Greetings everybody, we just bought our 04 Mooba Mobius last year around september and didn't have to much time to start wakeboarding. Looking for a board for my son. He just turned ten and ways about 85 pounds. was looking at some of the jr. boards but have a problem. The dam kid wears a men's 91/2 shoe so the jr. bindings won't fit him. If somebody could point me in the right direction as far as size of board goes I would really appreciate it. Wakeboarding is new to me as I grew up around jet boats and skiing. Thanks in advance
    TahitiVC, from your location and the Tahiti name im thinking I know your brother? Actually I think you've posted on the LBBA board looking for info before you bought your boat last year?
    06 Outback V

www.boardersbestbuy.com

Keep on eye on that site. They run a "deal of the day" each day and lately have been having smaller sized boards. They are SUPER cheap so it won't hurt the wallet as much when he outgrows it in 2 seasons.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Default Byron

Your right you do know my brother and did give me some info on the boat before we bought it. Thanks for that we are real happy with her so far. Much nicer than the tahiti was. The fuel injection and modern convieces are very nice. Looking forward to meeting you at one of the LBBA outings some time this summer. thanks again