Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default LSV Ballast Upgrade W/Auxilary Fill Ports

I am about 95% complete with my ballast upgrade. The upgrade included building a new manifold, 1" Irritrol

straight flow valves, Rule 3800 GPH pump, relays to re-locate the power from the dash to the starter feed, a new

ballast switch to fill and empty, Tsunami 800 GPH to empty and a ton of wire. I wanted to add an auxilary port to

fill the extra bag that we can use for extra ballast or for surfing. I got tired of the cigarette lighter and

wires being strung across the boat. This took me about 3 months to complete due to the limited space in my 2002

LSV.

Here is the old a new scupper followed my new manifold.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

The small hole I cut with a drill and dremel. The large hole was already there from my GIII system from the

factory. I added the three relay bank to supply power to the fill pump and the new evac pump directly from the

starter instead of being powered through the switches.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Here is the 3800 installed super tight, the floor is out in this pic due to replacing the steering cable...again.

Also the Auxilary fill ports with and without being connected.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Here is the evac pump for the auxilary fill. The second pic is the one way valve T I used to tap into the bilge

line to go through the hull. I am using all four evac ports and just tapped into the bilge with one way valves

since the bilge is not used that often. The third pic is the starboard side bag with its new 1" connection for

quicker fill times.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I filled the auxilary bag with air to show about how I will use it. One pic is in the wakeboard use and the other

is in the surf use.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Thats some impressive looking work man. Real nice looking.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Nice job Jesse. The aux fills are a must and I like the location.
    06 Outback V

Jesse, Awsome work as allways, very creative on using that cup holder for quick connects
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I figured the cup holder on that side could go, we are all regular footed and no one ever sits on that side anyway. That is our throw all the crap in the boat corner. I can not wait to get it on the water to test all of it.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

jesse, just thought of something, its possible your bag on the seat will drain down to the level of the drain hole on the side of the boat, you may need a valve of some kind to block the water off as the tsunami pump will not hold any water back.

Does that make sence?

How did you get the original scupper out of the boat?, I tried on mine and that thing will not budge, yes i did remove the 4 screws and the big nut on the inside.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart