Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reese350 Guest

Ed,

I haven't had it in the water yet but I assumed there was something special I had to do to get it to read the temp. Are you saying it should just work because the wiring harness that came from the speedo has what it needs to read the temp? That would be awesome!

Thanks!
    Scott

Scott, not sure what boat you have, but in our 08 OBV the PP stargazer replaced the moomba cruise, the connections were from the old moomba cruise and the an unused harness connecter. For us, the speedo connection was not touched. I still haven't fired ours up yet, but I'm not expecting to see the temp, if I do that would be great.
    2008 Outback V

Default Canuckle head

Where do you ski? I used to go to alluette by maple ridge. It was really nice
    do you have any pics of your install?

Reese350 Guest

Called PP this morning and they are telling me that it should pick up the temp. I will have to look closer when I get back home. That would be great news.

Quote Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
    Where do you ski? I used to go to alluette by maple ridge. It was really nice
    do you have any pics of your install?
    Hey there,

I live in Victoria which is on Vancouver Island. I usually tow my boat up to Lake Cowichan up near Duncan or up to Sprout Lake in Port Alberni on the weekends. In the evenings after work I'll usually throw her in Elk Lake as it's usually not too crazy busy.

No pictures of the install but it was pretty darn easy. The hardest part was convincing myself that I was only disconnecting the Moomba Cruise and not something else.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

EdG, so you are saying I should see temp with just replacing Moomba Cruise and not touching the speedo? If that's the case, that is awesome.
    2008 Outback V

Thanks. I just thought that since the PP does not connect to the paddle wheel that temperature was not available, I guess it must be present in the unused connector for PP.
    2008 Outback V

Mine reads water temp not air temp. I guess I need to look at it closer. I have had mine in for two years and never noticed the air temp.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz, I think EdG is referring to when the boat is out of the water it will record ambient air temp....I think.

EdG, I guess I'm not totally sure if it is connected to the paddle wheel...all I know is that the speedo was not touched, one connector to PP goes to old Moomba Cruise connecter - one connector to PP goes to previously unused "PP ready" connector. Maybe one of these have input from the paddle wheel. You mentioned someone else who changed the Moomba Cruise for the PP display unit, do you know if they see the temp displayed?

I'll see our boat again this weekend, hopefully I can connect the power and see what I get...also hope to put it in the water
    2008 Outback V

Cool Temp

Pretty sure if you upgrade from old PP to new stargazer you can connect up to the old paddle wheel and get temp. I just put in Stargazer Mechanical (see previous post about 10 ago), and I am certain I do not see Temp but then again, no previous paddlewheel. So, when I hooked up Stargazer to my boat, there is a wire back to the server (nothing touching the water to pick up temp there, and I tied the other wires to the Tach (again, no where does the tach connect to anything that picks up water temp). So, I can confidently say, unless you have upgraded your old paddlewheel style perfect pass to the new stargazer, you will not pickup water temp. I wouldn't put a paddle wheel in just to get water temp anyway. I do however have a fish finder (came with the boat) that does show me water temp (all I really ever turn it on for).