Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow!!! I got raped!!! I had gotton quotes from the moomba dealer and the Nautique dealer and both quoted me over $1500 for everything.

I ended up paying like $1150 for parts and $200 for the labor, I thought I got a good deal untill I read all of this. I thought there was gonna be a lot more stuff to do the install. I didnt have any Perfect Pass at all but I guess i should have done more research oh well now.

Hey there,

Prabably a dumb question but can anyone tell me what length of stainless steel screw they used to install the control unit?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Reese350 Guest

Ordered my PP Stargazer upgrade on Friday. Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks Ed. The installation manual says to use stainless steel. I was thinking 1/2" but I trust you.

Cheers!

2007 Outback V

Has anyone upgraded from Perfect Pass Digital Pro 6.5 to StarGazer? Is it work the $$?

Thanks Ed. My kit did not include the screws. Out of curiosity, where did you mount your control unit? Got any pictures?

Thanks in advance.

Wade

2007 Outback V

Thank you sir!

2007 Outback V

Reese350 Guest

Default Perfect Pass Temp

I just installed my new PP Stargazer. Incredibly easy install. I thought I remember seeing how you could get it to read the temp through the paddle wheel but I can't seem to find any info on it.

Anyone have insight on how to do it? I couldn't find any mention in the manual.

Default I just installed Stargazer in 04 Mobius LSV

All in all it was quite easy. I did it myself. To save yourself some time just take up the floor to run the cable to the back. Seat comes up with it and the floor is heavy (may want 2 people but did it myself). I'd give you about a 2% chance of ever getting a fish tape from the steering console to the back without taking the floor up. There is less than 2 inches between the gas tank and the floor to get through. The only other time consumer was taking out the tach and the right speedometer. Need to replace speedometer with new Perfect pass gauge and you may as well take out the tach to connect power and signal for RPM mode. In this boat, a 90 minute install is possible, but more like 2 hours and that is if you take the floor up when you are ready to run the cable.

If I did it again I'd do it like this in this order:

Mount Servo
    Take out speedo and tach and wire in the cables for the dash.
    Mount Module and plug cables in.
    Take up floor and run cable and connect.
    Put floor back and test system.

Good luck. Can't wait to try it on the water.

I installed mine this weekend and it took no more than an hour to do. I have a 2007 Outback V so it was a piece of cake install. Most of the time was spent making sure where to place the control unit and bundiling wires up under the dash so that it's clean.

Now I just gotta wait for some decent weather to get her out for a test drive. Thanks for your help Ed.

Wade

2007 Outback V