Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sounds like you are ready to go. Just check the engine oil level to be sure they didn't foget to fill it, attach the fake a lake, then start it up. Oh, I would check all the hose clamps to make sure they remembered to tighten them all. Then look all around with a flashlight to see if anything is leaking. You may get a slight drip thru the packing nut but other than that, there should be no water leaks anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pmoomba View Post
    Just looking a quick sanity check. I got an 06 OBV last fall and had it winterized right away, and is my first boat and I'm more a computer guy than an engine guy so just making sure I don't do anything stupid.

I had it winterized out of state where I bought it and the place I went is now out of business, so trying to just figure out where to go to start. I have reason to believe that they would have just put everything back together except for the battery which I took out. I took it out of storage yesterday and am trying to assess if I'm ready to go.

I went through the winterization thread and was able to identify all of the plugs and hoses listed, and they are all plugged in or connected. I know that they changed the oil and filter in the fall, and I know the impeller was also changed in the fall right before I bought it.

Is there anything else that I might be missing, or is my next step to make a flush kit, and start her up at home? Then just check for leaks and make sure everything is good, and then I'm good to go? Is there something else I might be missing that would cause damage if I started it up on a flush kit?

Thanks
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    My dealer winterized my boat last fall and replaced all the drain plugs and everything so it's ready to go in the spring. If running antifreeze method then I don't see why putting all the plugs back in place would be a problem?
    Agreed, sorry I didn't think about antifreeze at the time

Thanks guys. Finally got a chance to get out there today to put the batteries back in and give my Franken-lake a shot. It started right up and everything looks great, starting to get excited for the first season.