Default Steering Cable Replacement - No Feedback Rack & Pinion

Anyone out there know if the 2001 Mobius V has the "No Feedback" rack and pinion system?

I'm going to replace my steering cable shortly and wondering if I don't have this option already, should I throw in an extra $50-70 and get it with the new cable kit.

This is the one I came across - http://www.wmjmarine.com/tel-ss151xx.html

However, this looks like a complete column with no tilt. No good if that's the case.

Either way, can anyone make a suggestion where I can order a new steering cable on-line besides through WMJ Marine? Just wondering what my options are in case they're out of stock. My local dealer, as I've mentioned before, isn't much help and the next closest dealer over 100 miles away said they are backordered and at least a week or more out. They did tell me it's a Teleflex SSC and I need a 20ft length. Planning on doing it myself (with the help and advice of all the good people here on the forum) and saving the $300 the dealer quoted to do the replacement.

(BTW - they quoted just the cable itself at $270!)
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I went all the way after the cable rusted through, I got hydraulic steering custom installed on my 2004 LSV.

A hydraulic system would be way cool, but probably not worth the investment on this older boat. I pulled the part number off my cable and ordered a new one only to find that when I pulled my cable all the way out I had 2 different part numbers on it and I had ordered the wrong one!

I've talked to TeleFlex a few times now and I believe that the NFB system is actually a rack and pinion style that has two cables. It looks like a setup that connects to either side of the rudder (it would require two arms on the rudder) so one cable extends while the other contracts, making it a tighter setup than a single cable. This has to be used with a specific helm unit too so there would be some other upgrades in order to make it all work.

Anyway, after feeeling the smooth 2 finger action to slide the new cable in and out of the casing compared to my super tight frozen one I'm confident just having the new (correct) cable installed will make it feel like a new boat again!

Hell I may even be able to drive those doubleups that we keep wanting to try!

I finally got around to posting some of the pictures and details when I replaced my steering cable. There are some photos in my album here https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?albumid=135 and a link to a PDF that has some more description.

It is very helpful to newbies when there are pictures with a write up.

Thanks