Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I was refraining from talking about this Brain glad you did first hahah. This is the box Exile has been designing for my boat. Its a big reason my boat is at there shop to begin with. They have been taking measurements and trying lots of ideas to see whats working and what doesn't.

Dave to answer you question best i can, the 1.7 is the box its self with the port section. Its a very big box and takes a lot of room but one of my restrictions i gave Exile was it cant be take up any more room the my original L5 box i had built in Nov. This means it cant cross the cup holders in the drivers helm.

No there is no cutting involved in this installation. Exile wants to make sure they can sell these boxes to regular people and they can install the box in there boat with no modifications.

Only thing you should have to do is remove the seat to allow access room then the box has a specific angle you slide it in at and then turn it to place it against the hump.

I hope to have all the pictures needed this weekend. This box should be done today at at Exile tomorrow when i go for my final installations.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Excellent! I guess the answer to my question is really that there's just about nowhere else to put it and if you stash it in the storage area it gets muffled. I put the subw in my Outback up high on the outside wall in the storage area so it barely interfered with the space. When we parked to hang out I'd prop open the seat back to hear it better. A compromise to be sure but I wanted it dry.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Brian I sent PM. very interested

David -

Yes, mouth of port exits up into helm cavity. In exploring the different options we felt this was the best setup as it gives the owner a bit of bling factor by using forward facing woofer, and we still utilize some of the cabin effect from porting this way. We also did a version firing up and porting up but felt it was just to stealth. People say they want stealth but in the end people want to show there stuff off.

- Gross vol is 1.825. It's changes around a bit. sorry for the bad info before.

- Internal bracing is made to rest / support our Big12 due to weight issues of the woofer itself. It's a beast.

- Forgot to mention where using all stainless mounting hardware and the bottom of the enclosure has a foot system that lifts it off the floor to eliminate moisture.

- You asked about the hump.... as Mike said it goes right over it. Felt like we had to design this way so the DIY user doesnt have to hack apart his boat.

here's a link to the enclosure itself. you guys filled up my mailbox. sheeez! Got box?

-Brian

http://www.exileaudio.com/exileLSVbox.avi

Hey Brian,
    tried the link at the end of your post and it didn't want to work? Maybe it was just me??

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    David -

Yes, mouth of port exits up into helm cavity. In exploring the different options we felt this was the best setup as it gives the owner a bit of bling factor by using forward facing woofer, and we still utilize some of the cabin effect from porting this way. We also did a version firing up and porting up but felt it was just to stealth. People say they want stealth but in the end people want to show there stuff off.

- Gross vol is 1.825. It's changes around a bit. sorry for the bad info before.

- Internal bracing is made to rest / support our Big12 due to weight issues of the woofer itself. It's a beast.

- Forgot to mention where using all stainless mounting hardware and the bottom of the enclosure has a foot system that lifts it off the floor to eliminate moisture.

- You asked about the hump.... as Mike said it goes right over it. Felt like we had to design this way so the DIY user doesnt have to hack apart his boat.

here's a link to the enclosure itself. you guys filled up my mailbox. sheeez! Got box?

-Brian

http://www.exileaudio.com/exileLSVbox.avi

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Hey Brian,
    tried the link at the end of your post and it didn't want to work? Maybe it was just me??
    download a codec package for your media player. Bet it will work then http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

gotta admit, thats one nasty woofer eh?

If should be called the small 15 i think LOL. Its got the same size voive coil as the 15 and the same weight magnet if i recall.

Brian finaly got my Big 12 in last night and he said its a beast.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    download a codec package for your media player. Bet it will work then http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
    THANX - worked like a charm!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Which Codec did you download? Downloaded bunch different ones and still cant get it to play.