Threaded View

Default Uuugggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, I need some input. I'm about ready to rip my hair out. I built the manifold and added the second Rule pump. I bought some alleged 1" ID hose to run from the pump to the new inlet on the manifold. Only I can't get it to stretch over the outlet on the Rule pump. I tried heating it in hot water and it still wouldn't go. I boiled it real good and it just kinked when I tried to stretch it on. I tried strecthing it over my other (extra) Rule pump not in the boat just to see if it was even possible and, while struggling, dropped that pump on the garage floor and cracked the plastic housing in half. I paid over $2 a foot for this spa hose thinking it would be better than the only other stuff they had -- clear hose that was the last 5 feet on a roll and all kinked up -- I was afraid it would get warm and suck closed so I opted for a nicer kind of hose.

So, what do you guys use for hose and where do you buy it? I now have $115 in my piece of hose (counting the busted extra Rule pump) and I still don't have a piece of hose that works. (Yes, that sound is hair ripping right out of my scalp!)

Thanks!
    Last edited by kaneboats; 03-18-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!