Thread: Prop

Default Prop

Ok so I think I’ve spent the last 30+ 45min reading thru 5+ threads and maybe 20+ pages of post about different props. 3 blade, 4 blade, for DD or v-drive, OJ props and or ACME props… changing the size of the wakes… and then trailer problems with the prop hitting the trailer I guess…

I have a 2002 LS DD, it has the factory 3 blade on it. I’m looking to maybe upgrades and if anything just to have a spare on hand if need be! I personally don’t ski; I’ll be doing a lot of wakeboarding and surfing with some kneeboard and some tubing.

Can anyone give me the “short story” or answer on recommending me in the right direction for a good prop???

Thanks

Ed G, had a 03 outback with the stock prop--he used to ski only, then got into surfing, dont think he ever had any problems.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Cool

Short answer is call up either OJ or Acme props and tell them what you have, what you want to do, and let them recommend the right prop.

I ran the stock 13x13 on mine (2000 O/B) for skiing, surfing, and wakeboarding. No problems at all and did fine for all.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I bought an upgraded 3 blade for my 02 direct drive outback last year I love it. The boat pulls so much smoother, is an absolute monster out of the hole even with 1200 lbs of ballast + 4 guys and I didn't lose any top end. I just called ACME, told them my boat and the amount of weight I run and they hooked it up. I couldn't be happier. It was really a win/win/win and I haven't tested it yet but I'm certain that the boat gets better gas mileage when it's loaded down with the new prop.
    Last edited by Ed G; 03-15-2010 at 01:55 PM.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

I just put a nice 13x13 on ebay. I think it was the original that came with the 2000 Outback. Auction started at 9.99. Could make someone a great spare.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!