Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jesse, thanks for the heads up on building my own manifold. You're an inspiration to the do-it-yourselfer.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Jesse, thanks for the heads up on building my own manifold. You're an inspiration to the do-it-yourselfer.
    Thanks!!! I completed my ballast install last night and just need to gather all of the pictures together. While working on the boat, I noticed my steering cable has locked up again and I pulled the floor and cable and sent it back to Teleflex who says they are going to warranty it!!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

That's great. I've always thought they were a decent outfit.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'm very interested in seeing the results of those Irritrol valves, if they're a direct replacement for the factory units that is a great and relatively easy upgrade that will improve fill times significantly.

Nice to have options beyond replacing everything the factory supplied.

I'm mainly wanting faster fill times for just one of the 750lb sac at a time. Once I fill the center sac at the beginning of the day all I'll be doing is switching from one side to the other for surfing. When it comes to wakeboarding, even with no ballast just using the plate is big but I could see filling both bags some for even more.

I would really like to get some comparison times ASAP on the Irritrol valves with a boat in the water. If someone is already on the water and wants to test one, I have an extra and would send it to them, only catch is you have to give us the timings!!! You all must remember that in my 2002 the valves were way worse than yours and the Irritrols were a huge improvement for me. I am not sure how they will stack up againts the newer Orbit valves. I have never used one of those and the time difference may not be worth the upgrade.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    I would really like to get some comparison times ASAP on the Irritrol valves with a boat in the water. If someone is already on the water and wants to test one, I have an extra and would send it to them, only catch is you have to give us the timings!!! You all must remember that in my 2002 the valves were way worse than yours and the Irritrols were a huge improvement for me. I am not sure how they will stack up againts the newer Orbit valves. I have never used one of those and the time difference may not be worth the upgrade.
    I'll be happy with 10-12 min fill time on the 750's

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I'll be happy with 10-12 min fill time on the 750's
    I was out last night testing my Fly High 750 fill time, and with the stock pump and 3/4" Orbit valve, it took 12 minutes to fill. I was stationary, and was only filling the one bag.

aaron in austin

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    I was out last night testing my Fly High 750 fill time, and with the stock pump and 3/4" Orbit valve, it took 12 minutes to fill. I was stationary, and was only filling the one bag.

aaron in austin
    Thanks for the times. I just picked up my boat from South Austin Marine yesterday with the stock GG3 system installed. It will be an easy swap to the Irritrol valves and new manifold for my testing.

This is probably a stupid question, but just curious as to why a new manifold is needed... I have a pre-06 LSV, so I'm not sure what your manifold looks like, but what's the advantage of this manifold over the stock one?