Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Irritrol 700 3/4" valves and manifold

Okay, the valves and manifold came in today so I took a couple photos just to show everyone. My boat is at the dealership getting the '08 GG3 system installed with the Orbit valves and factory manifold (this system was negociated in with the boat). My plan is to get the boat on the water, remove the fitting from the sac and fill a 5 gal bucket and time it with just the one Orbit valve. Then I will turn on all 3 Orbit valves and do the same test to see the difference. A week or two later I will install this new manifold with the 3 Irritrol valves and perform the same test. I will send Jesse the numbers so he can compile them into the ballast chart he has created for us.

Sorry about the cat

Those look sweet. Are these the ones with a gate that drops down to stop water? So when its open its a free flow threw.

This is versus the type that have a wall inside the water must travel over and the valve closes to the wall?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Those look sweet. Are these the ones with a gate that drops down to stop water? So when its open its a free flow threw.

This is versus the type that have a wall inside the water must travel over and the valve closes to the wall?
    Exactly, these are the "ultra flow" straight through vs. the "up and over". If all checks out, should increase fill times per Jesse's bench testing. I'm going to do my testing on the water. I ordered a few extra adaptors and one extra elbow fitting and total was $93 including shipping.

PM sent brother
    [COLOR="#696969"]

PM sent brother
    PM'd back with links to the parts.

Thanks man im seriously thinking of getting this soon. Do you think it would flow any better with a pump on each end pushing more water into it?
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks man im seriously thinking of getting this soon. Do you think it would flow any better with a pump on each end pushing more water into it?

I'm sure a Tsunami pump on each would be great, especially if each had it's own intake

Yea its own intake, hum, well i dont know about drilling more holes in my boat then i already have LOL.

I saw some guys on here building T junctions that had a pump on each side with the single inlet. Wonder if thats really flowing better or not.

Its not that i have a problem drilling holes in my boat, its that im not fond of the stress involved in doing it LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I just added a tee and a second Rule pump. I couldn't find the manifold I wanted that would fit next to the water strainer so I built my own. I put the second water inlet where some guys put the third valve. I left the third valve out on the end. Here's the pix. Not all installed yet but I'll be sure to measure fill times when I get done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I ran those valves for two seasons without any issues. I am looking forward to see if they are more efficient than your stock valves. Here is the diagram from their website on how they work.

Last edited by JesseC; 03-17-2010 at 12:36 PM.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In