Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    Any gas burning truck will get about half of it's city mileage when it's towing.
    That's a good way of putting it seeing that my friend's Hemi truck gets 7-8 towing a 24ft Supra

Quote Originally Posted by snowboardcorey View Post

FWIW I have an 07' F150 with the 5.4 Liter, I don't really check mileage much but I would say I get about 14 around town and 12 or so towing a boat my guess is the Hemi will get similar.
    I have the Gyphon performance computer in mine and the instant mileage generally says 12 or 13 in town in performance mode not towing. I average 12 per tank so it seems pretty accurate.

Towing i switch it to Tow mode and in town im getting 8 to 10.

Freeway 55 in the local areas i get 12 and when i take it south doing 60 to 65 i get 10 when shes in 3rd and 12 in OD.

Yea when im towing i dont worry so much about gas mileage, i worry more about the jerks who cut in front of me then hit there brakes to make that dam right turn they could have made when they were behind me.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Drove the new truck tonight. Wow it is smooth and like piloting the enterprise there are so many options....itsca real beauty. I will post some pics when I can.

congrats on the truck. You should try driving the Dodge Mega Cab, too bad they stopped making it.

Sled491 Guest

Kind of after the fact, but back in the day when we were racing we were pulling our race hauler with a brand new Chev 6 litre. Was getting about 6mpg on the highway pulling our 40 ft trailer. The next year we switched to the Cummins. I put on a 4" exhaust and K&N FIPK. We were getting about 12 - 14mpg pulling the trailer after that.

My buddy has the 09 dodge 1500, he can't say enough good about it.