Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Uuugggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, I need some input. I'm about ready to rip my hair out. I built the manifold and added the second Rule pump. I bought some alleged 1" ID hose to run from the pump to the new inlet on the manifold. Only I can't get it to stretch over the outlet on the Rule pump. I tried heating it in hot water and it still wouldn't go. I boiled it real good and it just kinked when I tried to stretch it on. I tried strecthing it over my other (extra) Rule pump not in the boat just to see if it was even possible and, while struggling, dropped that pump on the garage floor and cracked the plastic housing in half. I paid over $2 a foot for this spa hose thinking it would be better than the only other stuff they had -- clear hose that was the last 5 feet on a roll and all kinked up -- I was afraid it would get warm and suck closed so I opted for a nicer kind of hose.

So, what do you guys use for hose and where do you buy it? I now have $115 in my piece of hose (counting the busted extra Rule pump) and I still don't have a piece of hose that works. (Yes, that sound is hair ripping right out of my scalp!)

Thanks!
    Last edited by kaneboats; 03-18-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Man sorry Kane.
    That spa hose is a pain in the arse. I just use the nylon reinforced poly hose. It shouldn't kink so long as you dont try to make tight corners. It stretches quite a bit easier with heat. As far as the pump housing, I have a cracked housing on one of my pumps. All I did was get some good epoxy and glue it back up. Use a ziptie or two, to hold it together while it dries. <ake sure to keep the epoxy out of the pump itself.
    Good luck

PWI as usual...

was that the white spa hose? I have 6 feet in the garage--that stuff will not stretch, dont even want to remember what i tried to do to get that stuff to fit.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yea i use the clear poly hose with the nylon braids in it too. Get it at Home Depot, its not exactly cheap eighter but its a lot easier to work with. I absolutely hate the factory black hose. Ill have to try to heat it next time i need to work with it see if it works better as well.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The housing hit the floor hard and pieces of it fell off. I"ll have to take a look to see if it can be salvaged. May have to take the whole thing apart to repair it. We'll see. It really stinks that I have to go to HD, then to Lowes, then to the other HD, then to the other Lowes to find everything. They've put everyone else out of business so we're stuck with whatever garbage they offer.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I bought about 18' of the 1" ID hose from wake makers. The Rule Pump actually has a discharge of 1 1/8" I think. The black hose still goes on really tight. I put a set of pliers in the end of the hose and pull the handles apart to stretch the hose outward. I keep turning the pliers 90 degrees and repeating while sliding the pliers outward a little at a time. I am headed home for lunch and I have a Rule 2000gph and some scrap black hose. I will see if I can get it to fit over the discharge port.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Getting the hose to fit over my fittings was a pain in the a** for me as well. I used the stock black hose from wakemakers. I ended up using some grease and had to twist on the hose to the fittings. Big pain!

I think Jesse is right, the rule discharge is 1 1/8". You should still be able to stretch the 1" over it though with boiling water and the pliers trick Jesse mentioned. If I can get it over the threaded ends of Tsunami pumps I'm sure the Rule pump is doable.

But remember, this is the white spa hose-I would almost swear that stuff has a spiral wire ribb around it. Its designed for high water temps
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yep, I went with the spa hose as well since I could buy it bulk cheaper than per foot prices elsewhere. But in no way am I a saying it will be easy... even boiling hot it still doesn't like to stretch!