Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LSV and Skiing

Thanks all for your opinions. Bought a lottery ticket yesterday so no point in anyone else lossing a buck...pretty sure mine is the winner.

If so, by Friday I will have a new LS ordered.

Sled491 Guest

A. that's funny
    B. that's optomistic

So glad to hear you are winning the lottery!!! If I was you I wouldn't wait until I won before I ordered the boat. If SC is going to decide to kill their best all around inboard boat you better get one NOW!

You will all enjoy this......I WON. Unfortunately I only caught two numbers so I believe my ticket is worth $3.00.

Can't believe that SC is going to drop this boat. If they would push their marketing on the LS like they did for the new OBV, you would think they would sell more of them.

Funny when you talk about passengers and skiing. We normally go out with driver and spotter, rest on the dock. Sometimes a 4th. I get a lot of annoyed and confused looks when I first get out of the water because I am pointing at people and telling them to swap, or move left/right to balance the wake on my Mobius DD. The good news is that I am skiing short enough rope these days to where I can almost talk to them...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Sled491 Guest

Dave you're spot on with that. Most skiers would never have more than the driver and spotter in the boat any ways. Talking about a boat full of people on a sunday afternoon is not really skiing. Last summer I was behind Deerfields boat at the Jamboree. There was 2 of my kids in the boat, 2 or 3 of Deerfields kids and maybe a girl friend or 2. The river was nuts with traffic. I tried to show some turns, but the fact of the matter was I was just trying not to get killed

Quote Originally Posted by Double D View Post
    You will all enjoy this......I WON. Unfortunately I only caught two numbers so I believe my ticket is worth $3.00.

Can't believe that SC is going to drop this boat. If they would push their marketing on the LS like they did for the new OBV, you would think they would sell more of them.
    Well when it gets right down to it, they probably sell as many ski boats today as they did in 1975. And apparently that boat is the outback for SC. We moved up to a bigger ski boat (a v-drive is not a ski boat) so we could take more people but still be able to run down the course. If in the future we decided to get another ski boat (we love the LS so this future would be a long way away) and SC didn't sell them I would buy another Master Craft or Ski Natique. I couldn't afford new but used would be OK. On my lake which is smallish there are 3 salom courses and several boats from MasterCraft, Moomba, Ski Natique. I have yet to see one of the Pretenders (Malibu, Gecko, etc) and I have yet to see a Supra anywhere around here. The fact is that people use these boats here to ski. We are the only ones to surf and the boats that are in this list that are v-drive (minority) are usually pulling tubes on this lake and are Moombas. A V-drive is a great wakeboard and surfing boat, but many of the people on this lake that have them know that they can just be a great family boat too as Moomba has made them much more affordable and everyone wants a boat that has a Big Cool Name down the side! MasterCraft started that "Bling" way back when!