Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSV and Skiing

Sled491 Guest

Yeah according to the SC people I met at the boat show the LS is going the way of the Dodo bird. They just don't sell enough of them. That being said if you were going to get one I think you could still order one. And while difficult to find used there are a few around.

Cool

I was told the same but they are still out there for now. Sled you mentioned the demise of the 325 motor i believe. Aparentely that applies to US boats only for now as i was told its still the base motor for us.

Smile Lsv

i have skied behind both LSV and DD. No comparison the Moomba LS is better for skiing good luck finding a dealer that carries one. We had same issue of needing multi sport boat, family etc.. and chose the LSV. I am 51 yrs old skied all my life but i figured at 51 i am not going to attempt the world ski record. So we bought the LSV and i do ski behind it but its a bit of a challenge when i want to get aggressive. Pros of LSV- wakeboarding, room, depth of cockpit (safety), surf, tower and yes skiing. The Outback V is a good comprimise between the 2 but cockpit is not as deep and seating not as high off the floor (tower has been improved in 2010 models). My family spends alot of time on the water and i wanted something for everyone! Its an outstanding surf boat and at 51 that seems to be more my style these days! Ice coming off lakes in minnesota very slowly but the end is in sight!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Mikey, interesting.

Here is a used LS that is very reasonable.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SS:MOTORS:1123

Get the LSV. True, the LSV will not compare to a DD, but you are a rec free skier. not the 5 day/wk course skier like some others here.

I gladly take the slightly larger wake skiing for the benefit of the Vdrive and the space. when we have the family and friends, we regularly hit the capacity of 13 ppl. we all get along fine, still ski.

for the ski only days, we go with 3-4 ppl, an empty tank of gas and ski, still just free ski, no course on the public lakes i frequent.

i would say unless you really want to get into course skiing, go with the V.

Smile

Funny you say that about the LSV hauling 13 people etc and skiing with 3-4. We ocassionally may have 4-5 people cruising etc ,But when it comes time to ski,Get out. 2-3 MAX and i run an Outback DD. I /we always try to get the softest wake possible. Maybe i'm like Max and a ski snob as well. OH WELL. Its my boat I'll get over it.

Sled491 Guest

I think Mikey's point is being missed. We ski every morning and its a driver a spoter and skier out back. One time I invited a buddy to join us and you would have thought I had just drowned a puppy. And to be honest they were right to be uspset, the extra guy completely through the balance of the boat off.

I like how everybody has their own opinion
    Here's mine:
    1.) Your going to compromise on SOMETHING.....start with the highest on your priority list and don't settle!
    2.) If you want to get better at any one thing (skiing, wakeboarding, surf, ect..) then get a boat that suits that need as it will best help you improve that part of your game.
    3.) Find a friend or 2 and talk them into buying the other boats you decided NOT to get so you can get a tow behind them

Good luck!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I like how everybody has their own opinion

3.) Find a friend or 2 and talk them into buying the other boats you decided NOT to get so you can get a tow behind them
    now that's a great idea; I've often thought in a perfect world I'd have a house with a pier; XLV on one side and nautique 196 on the other; but a neighbor with a 196 would be even better!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Sled491 Guest

Hard to argue with that logic, and sure beats the lottery idea I had