Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery choice

Yea i know i need to get soem AGMs or DEKA or something like that. But right now after the serious system, and all the other upgrades, its cheaper to pay $50. for another matching batter to the two i got then buy 2 high end batteries. Im sure this next winter in my off season ill upgrade to the serious batteries.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    There's no need for 3 stereo batteries if you use the right ones.

I use, and all of my customers use Stinger batteries and chargers. They're a dry-cell AGM, and now have a 3-year replacement warranty.
    Actually, id think that depends on the size of your system and what your needs are?

Not that I have a huge system I dont, but I dont have 3 stereo batteries either. I have one starting and two wired together for my stereo with a switch. Id think using two good batteries together I can maintain a higher voltage for my amps for a longer period of time?
    06 Outback V

Yea thats how i am going to set mine up for now. I got a main battery as my boat starting battery, then im adding 2 together as my secondary for the stereo. I cant recall my total amp max draw but i want to say its around 120 for the 3 amps ill be running.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    It does actually. I'm using a single Stinger SPP2150 on Jason's boat with all of the Exile amps, and an SPP925 for the accessories and starting.
    Those are some fat batteries man, 350 and 175 each. Thats a huge upgrade as is LOL.

Id love to get some kick ass batteries like that but for now ill have to stick to my 3 wet cells.
    [COLOR="#696969"]