Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Keaton......

Keaton,
    Hey you are actually in luck, you have an awesome Moomba dealer in Dallas, Ski Boats Dallas. They are great guys and I bet they would help you with all of your service issues. I wish I had those guys near me, I would be much happier. You should call them and give them a shot, ask for Dennis.

Brent Frank
    Ventura, Ca

Good service isn't the issue. My dealer has done an outstanding job of helping me and working on my boat. The problem is that too many things go wrong with it. Like I said in previous post, all I wanted was skiers choice to call me and help me understand why my boat is always breaking. They never would get in touch with me. Even after I tried calling them. I will say one thing. Latly I haven't had any problems. Have accually taken it out 3 time and have not had any probelms.

I feel your pain.....I also have had luck lately, things are looking up. I think I have the majority of the service issues resolved.
    Happy Boating

Brent

Default too many prob

yeah i have an 01 outback ls. i love my boat for the money. but you have to deal w/many issues like sucking water into the gas tank. took awhile to figure out why my boat ran like shit for so long. i fixed that mysaelf. there are spidercracks everywhere. dash falls apart constantly. dash lights never work togeather, some are on some arent, sometimes none sometimes all work. small stuff though. radio has now quit working, driver seat frequently unscrews itself, all the molding hardware comes unscrewed, grab handles all come unscrewed at some point, maybe you guys could spring for lock nuts or lock tite, screw hole fillers on grab handle rip off at some point. the seats stain for no apparent reason since i clean and cover my boat consistently. the glove box holder upper spring has come unglued several times. and in choppy water it almost is unbareable. BUT I STILL LOVE MY BOAT AND WOULD BUY ANOTHER because i am too cheap to spend 40 - 50 on a MASTERCRAFT which has it's own problems. I compare my boat to a harley, half the fun is constantly working on them!!!!!! not. Maybe the japanese could refine a ski boat and keep it reasonably priced. J/K. If anyone at skiers choice would like me to do product testing I think i'd be good.

Wow, that's a whole lot of problems to have, and not be cheesed off. I guess I'm pretty lucky that my '01 Outback LS only had the glovebox issue.
    Just curious, how was the water getting in your gas tank?
    Got the wake plate on mine and choppy water is no problem at all....does yours have one, and have you tried it in the rough stuff?

Hope your luck changes!

Brian

Default water in the tank

I was told by a Moomba dealer that the water in the tank was caused by bad gas, curious to know if you were told the same. My dash board lights never work together as well, and I have lost all electrical power while cruisin'. Any insight would be great. My boat is also the victim of the "spidering" of the fiberglass. I am like a lot of MOOMBA owners, would by another one in a heartbeat, but being how I have a 2000 model Kamberra, I hope when I take it to a dealer I can at least get the spiders fixed. There aren't many Moomba's on the lake where I boat and the higher end ski boats seem to have more mechanical problems than mine. So that makes these little issues seem bearable.

Jeff
    WakeGMONEY

I had the water in the gas prob w/ my 2001 Outback a few times, was told it was probably the gas. However I personally think it is caused by the vents for the gas tank being in the gas cap. I started making extra sure I got the cover good and tight over the cap and putting in some heet everynow and then and didnt have any further problems.

WOW
    I am scared.......glad I live here!

You guys with the water in gas tank issue using fuel Stabile?
    Iv noticed a couple of times when I put gas in my mobius that the gas cap was loose. Maybe water enters through there.